BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

He's acting like his orange friend across the pond.
[-] The following 5 users Like James2001's post:
  • ACTV, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Stuart

Not giving much away at all but here's a sneak peek at the BBC Wales setup for election night.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • chrisherald, UTVLifer

I'm sure some people here will be interested in the history of the BBC's election coverage, right from the early days:

www.bbc.co.uk 

(Interspersed with some other subjects like Taylor Swift)
[-] The following 4 users Like thegeek's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Happy2001, TVNerd

So looks like Jeremy Vine will be in BBC Wales' atrium area for Thursday night.

x.com 
[-] The following 9 users Like newsjunkie's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, lookoutwales, PJamo, RhysJR, Stuart, UTVLifer

Nice to see a likely future cabinet minister praising the 30 minute interviews and wanting more of them outside of elections. As Nick Robinson pointed out in the tweet he's replying too, they have rated well and are a far better exploration of a politician than the short media round interviews every morning. Though, I doubt they would rate as well if they were airing reguarly outside of the election period, bar if there is a major story ongoing.

x.com 
[-] The following 12 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Hadrien, Happy2001, Jeff, matthieu1221, SuperSajuuk, thePineapple, Transmission, UTVLifer

I’d be happy to see the end of the morning media round to be honest

The nonsense of ‘As a teachers strike begins we are joined by the transport secretary who we will have a go at for five minutes about matters outside of their portfolio, asking them gotcha questions in an attempt to trick them into accidentally announcing something or failing to rule out something for the sole reason to generate a juicy clip to put on social media’

How long has that been a thing - obviously came to prominence during covid but was it around beforehand?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald

I don't have a problem with the morning round per se, but I would say that it does have its flaws, usually with who the parties send out. You're never more than a few days away from Mel Stride, Pat McFadden or Grant Shapps

It does serve its purpose though and I doubt it'll be going anywhere with a new administration likely to be formed next week who will want to get their messages out there, and there will need to be a response from the opposition, no matter how weak the Tories might be
[-] The following 3 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Jeff

(30-06-2024, 01:44 PM)newsjunkie Wrote:  So looks like Jeremy Vine will be in BBC Wales' atrium area for Thursday night.

x.com 

So, Network and Wales will have their own 'virtual' areas - I wonder if the Wales setup will be in the production studio?

Either way, you have to hand it to BBC Wales for making good creative use of Central Square.

(30-06-2024, 06:03 PM)Moz Wrote:  Think it’s utterly ridiculous that because I live in Wales I have to watch my country’s national General Election on BBC Two.

Network should be on BBC One. Those interested in a Welsh spin on it should learn the language and watch on S4C if they care that much.

I'll just get out my tiny violin for you. At least it's just a + button away, unlike viewers in Scotland.
[-] The following 12 users Like thegeek's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Critique, Jeff, LargelyALurker, matthieu1221, Stuart, UTVLifer, W1ll, WhisperOfCinnamon