BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

(01-07-2024, 12:55 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  For a few elections at least, the regions did a half hour special at 9am (until 2010, I think) and the Breakfast opts were a little longer than usual.
Yes, I remember there was a half hour special at 9 the year I was involved in regional coverage . Especially the treat of a post show full English at a local cafe before going home to bed Big Grin

I've worked several since at various places, love working election night.
[-] The following 7 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, Bungo Bill, chrisherald, lookoutwales, Ma76, octothorpe

Channel 4's coverage runs through until 9AM, I don't think any of their past alternative coverage has gone on anywhere near as long.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • chrisherald

Isn't really "alternative" coverage this time - more of a traditional format with some Goggleboxers nobody asked for thrown in and a guest list which is turning off it's target audience.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Nige, UTVLifer

Yes, it does seem a bit unusual this year, doesn't really seem to be sure who it's aiming at and what it's meant to be doing. The Dorries booking really is the icing on the cake there, the only way they could alienate the audience futher is probably by booking Farage Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • Nige

(01-07-2024, 03:42 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Yes, it does seem a bit unusual this year, doesn't really seem to be sure who it's aiming at and what it's meant to be doing. The Dorries booking really is the icing on the cake there, the only way they could alienate the audience futher is probably by booking Farage Tongue
Or Kwasi Kwarteng and Ann Widdecombe.

I would have thought the best time for ‘alternative’ coverage would be from 10pm for a few hours, I.E they have the exit poll but other than that nothing much is happening on the proper coverage, not all night

www.instagram.com 

This looks pretty good from Sky News.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gibsy's post:
  • matthieu1221

Another look at Jeremy's position in Central Square, if you also look closely as the camera turns around to look at the TV cameras you can see a (blurry) glimpse of the rehearsal programme and the graphics, as already noted, it's the graphics seen in the "Election Headlines" videos, but it looks like the live count will be on the right hand side of the main strap.

x.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • bilky asko, chrisherald, Ma76

Channel 4 saw their 2019 offering, and indeed 2015 and 2017 totally blasted by audience and critics, and they felt well three times they have went down the comedic look at an election, and it was a turn off, so they have gone down a different path, to take this election more seriously.

Yes, it can appear dull, but what else can they do, other than copy BBC, ITV or Sky?

Jeremy Vine's setup there reminds of WBD's cube studio with the mix of screens and AR. Could look good.

(01-07-2024, 04:31 PM)Gibsy Wrote:  www.instagram.com 

This looks pretty good from Sky News.

Thought they'd just placed 2D photographs of Sunak and Starmer until the camera turned to reveal they were animated 3D models. Things have really moved on from Peter Snow's 3D Tony Blair!
[-] The following 7 users Like Transmission's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Gibsy, lookoutwales, matthieu1221, RhysJR, UTVLifer