BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

I really like what I've seen so far from the BBC and Sky. Have we seen anything from ITV other than the press release?

Odd positioning of the Live DOG during tonight’s Newsbeat special on BBC Three.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like Upload TV's post:
  • chrisherald, Ma76

(01-07-2024, 04:31 PM)Gibsy Wrote:  www.instagram.com 

This looks pretty good from Sky News.

We've had CGI party leaders before, but this must be the first time we get a virtual Larry the Cat! Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • chrisherald, Ma76

(01-07-2024, 05:01 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Channel 4 saw their 2019 offering, and indeed 2015 and 2017 totally blasted by audience and critics, and they felt well three times they have went down the comedic look at an election, and it was a turn off, so they have gone down a different path, to take this election more seriously.

Yes, it can appear dull, but what else can they do, other than copy BBC, ITV or Sky?

Bringing the podcasts to telly is a different offering.

ITV - expect more of the same but a slightly different desk.

The 2019 election night coverage by Channel 4 was awful, the polls swinging towards a big Conservative win meant it felt like a funeral.

Who's producing their coverage this year? the 2019 one was Expectation.
[-] The following 2 users Like XIII's post:
  • chrisherald, octothorpe

(01-07-2024, 07:35 PM)XIII Wrote:  The 2019 election night coverage by Channel 4 was awful, the polls swinging towards a big Conservative win meant it felt like a funeral.

Who's producing their coverage this year? the 2019 one was Expectation.

It's an ITN Production this year.
[-] The following 2 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • chrisherald, Ma76

(01-07-2024, 07:39 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  It's an ITN Production this year.

Any idea of which studio they will be using? They could be next door to The Last Leg, who are using one of the two big TV studios at Pinewood Studios this year for their election special - I don't see Channel 4 being crammed into ITN Grays Inn Road, as there is no room for them

(01-07-2024, 07:23 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  We've had CGI party leaders before, but this must be the first time we get a virtual Larry the Cat! Big Grin

Can we vote for him om Thursday?
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • Ma76, octothorpe

I reckon Channel 4 will be worth a watch this year, particularly in that awkward 'between exit poll and flood of results' gap.

The only time there's been a really good 'alternative' election programme was the Election Night Armistice in 1997. Feels like it's the sort of year that should be done again.
[-] The following 8 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, chrisherald, Jeff, Kim Wexler’s Ponytail, mark, Spencer, Transmission

(01-07-2024, 07:58 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  I reckon Channel 4 will be worth a watch this year, particularly in that awkward 'between exit poll and flood of results' gap.

The only time there's been a really good 'alternative' election programme was the Election Night Armistice in 1997. Feels like it's the sort of year that should be done again.

‘Election Night Armistice’ was a much better alternative. 10:30 - 01:30 just 3 hours of comedy when nothing much is happening yet. That's all you really need and if ch4 were going to go one way or the other i'd have preferred they'd gone that way Instead of offering more of the same. Especially as there's, seemingly, more outlets than ever doing overnight results coverage.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kim Wexler’s Ponytail's post:
  • chrisherald, octothorpe