BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

ITV's repeated use of that set just feels lazy, and the almost total lack of ambition on that front has let down coverage that's otherwise normally excellent for nearly a decade now.
[-] The following 2 users Like mark's post:
  • itsrobert, octothorpe

It's strange that when your set is almost entirely virtual you can do anything with it, there are many possibilities, yet here we are.
[-] The following 8 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • AndrewP, chevron, chrisherald, itsrobert, Jeff, mark, octothorpe, Will

It’s… almost as if they have something that works perfectly well as it is.
[-] The following 12 users Like all new phil's post:
  • AndrewP, bilky asko, Bungo Bill, chrisherald, DTV, fanoftv, Ma76, sjhoward, steve, Stuart, Tim G, UTVLifer

Rather cheap but very clever promo, at least they making an effect.

(02-07-2024, 08:50 PM)Josh Wrote:  ITV running a vote promo during halftime of Austria v Turkey using archive footage of various programmes:
x.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like Milkshake's post:
  • chrisherald, Jeff, Ma76, RDJ, UTVLifer

Looks like the green screen in the BBC promo is directly opposite the presenters.

So it's probably there to allow them to do the customary big screen....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Find me on Twitter: @alfiejmulcahy
[-] The following 2 users Like alfiejmulcahy's post:
  • chrisherald, Ma76

(02-07-2024, 09:01 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  Rather cheap but very clever promo, at least they making an effect.

What do you mean by cheap? Would you have wanted a more expensive promo and what would that have looked like?

What do you mean? of course the promo is cheap, its just reusing old clips. I never said it was bad, I did say it was very clever but it still cheap at the end of the day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Milkshake's post:
  • chrisherald

(02-07-2024, 09:04 PM)alfiejmulcahy Wrote:  Looks like the green screen in the BBC promo is directly opposite the presenters.
Which promo is that? I've only seen the 'it's your election' one filmed around Britain.

Presume you mean this one?

x.com 

I’d be surprised if they were using green screen in a studio packed with, well, screens.
[-] The following 4 users Like steve's post:
  • chrisherald, Ma76, Reith85, UTVLifer

The Channel 4 set is going up, looks like they're reusing the same set as previous years
x.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • chrisherald, Stuart