BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

(03-07-2024, 07:45 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  Al jazeera have not created a sting for the UK election this time around ( but have made one for US election and Iran Election) There is a UK election promo floating around.

I hope they can use the London studio for UK Election updates. AFAIK, the studio is still there. The Listening Post uses some shots inside the studio, mostly shot on the window area, where TV screens are used to display other news organizations' coverage
[-] The following 1 user Likes xlalonce's post:
  • interestednovice

A sneak peek at Channel 4's studio?

x.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like Luc's post:
  • chrisherald, Kim Wexler’s Ponytail, matthieu1221, octothorpe

I see they're rehearsing with believable results Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • chrisherald

(03-07-2024, 09:00 PM)James2001 Wrote:  I see they're rehearsing with believable results Wink

Surely the winning result should have been Wayne?
[-] The following 3 users Like London Lite's post:
  • James2001, octothorpe, sjhoward

(03-07-2024, 07:55 PM)xlalonce Wrote:  I hope they can use the London studio for UK Election updates. AFAIK, the studio is still there. The Listening Post uses some shots inside the studio, mostly shot on the window area, where TV screens are used to display other news organizations' coverage
They are still in the Shard but I'm not sure what state the studio is in. The production team and studio operations team were all made redundant so there's not much chance of there being much more than a single reporter doing down-the-lines
[-] The following 3 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, xlalonce

50 second promo the BBC made for the election IS going out but it seems only on the News Channel.

(03-07-2024, 09:09 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Surely the winning result should have been Wayne?

All broadcaster do test with different outcomes just in case, So there Tory win, Labour win. Hung parliament etc
[-] The following 2 users Like Milkshake's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice

(03-07-2024, 08:47 PM)Luc Wrote:  A sneak peek at Channel 4's studio?

x.com 

The Test family really must be political nuts, having all decided to run against each other for the same seat! I wonder what it’s like when they meet up at Christmas?

(03-07-2024, 09:22 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  They are still in the Shard but I'm not sure what state the studio is in. The production team and studio operations team were all made redundant so there's not much chance of there being much more than a single reporter doing down-the-lines

Said down-the-lines may very well come from the mothballed studio, much like how CNN Hong Kong’s unused former NewsStream studio still occasionally gets an outing.
[-] The following 7 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, chrisherald, Jeff, octothorpe, Stuart, xlalonce

In 24 hours time it'll all be over bar the counting and we'll all know the results of the exit poll(s).

Does anyone know if it's a joint exit poll for BBC/ITN/Sky as previous elections?

I expect so. It didn't make a lot of sense having separate ones in the past.

(02-07-2024, 11:11 PM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  I did go back and look at pictures of the previous editions to check and it certainly looks similar, it's probably being remade from the existing plans.

Here's a wide shot from the 2017 programme, the layout and the cylindrical lights look pretty much the same.
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Screenshot sourced from the a video on the Internet Archive

I know Ch4 remit means its is supposed to be distinctive and purposely different...or whatever the language says...but the pinky, purplely lighting is giving gameshow vibes. Maybe this year they will light it so it looks different. Who knows. Interesting in any event.