The TV Gameshow Thread

(30-05-2024, 07:08 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  A contestant touched his ears, when "ear" happened to be the answer to the question. But he and his wife had both already been eliminated, so what reason would he have to cheat?

If an active contestant(s) was involved somehow and him signalling meant he was in for a share of any eventual winnings. Not that this happened of course. Cheating will go unnoticed if a plan is so complex and nobody expects it.

What is the rationale behind today's episode of The Chase and tomorrow's episode of Tipping Point being Soccer Aid celebrity specials?

I would have thought there wouldn't be a massive ratings boost compared to the civilian editions, and new celebrity specials would be better used on a weekend evening (like this Saturday which has a James Bind film on ITV 1 again).
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

All about promoting Soccer Aid rather than ratings for the quiz shows. All repeats this week - think the only new episode is In for a Shout on Saturday.

Better to have weekday shows stay on weekdays for variety's sake even if means Bond on ITV yet again. The only time I would say it was OK at the weekend is if a show hadn't aired that week.

Adam & Ryan Thomas confirmed as hosts for 99 To Beat. Recording in July.

www.itv.com 

(05-06-2024, 11:30 AM)eyeTV Wrote:  Adam & Ryan Thomas confirmed as hosts for 99 To Beat. Recording in July.

www.itv.com 

Wow, interesting choice. It’ll be nice for two of ITV’s biggest soap stars and of course brothers to host a format together.

Be interesting to see how they go - viewers are always asking for new faces but they've cropped up on so many shows not sure they tick that box. They came across really well on their India show for ITV but not sure they came across as potential primetime light entertainment presenters.

From what I saw of non-UK versions of 99 To Beat, the show is cheap so that presenter pairing was to be expected.

The Finish Line has yet to show the 13th episode of Series 2 on BBC1. I did see all of it on the iPlayer on the day of the postponement before being quickly taken off it. When will they show it?
[-] The following 1 user Likes HuxleyKing's post:
  • Nobby

I expect it'll be appended to the end of the run.