The TV Gameshow Thread

(07-06-2024, 06:58 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  I expect it'll be appended to the end of the run.

Well I checked the BBC page with the Next on option for the programme but it seems like they are not showing it during the Euro Cup 1st week and onwards.

(07-06-2024, 03:53 PM)HuxleyKing Wrote:  The Finish Line has yet to show the 13th episode of Series 2 on BBC1. I did see all of it on the iPlayer on the day of the postponement before being quickly taken off it. When will they show it?

It's odd really they do that - would make sense to direct people to iPlayer when an episode can't run for whatever reason, especially if they're not airing it the next day.

(07-06-2024, 08:06 PM)HuxleyKing Wrote:  Well I checked the BBC page with the Next on option for the programme but it seems like they are not showing it during the Euro Cup 1st week and onwards.
Weird. I would've thought, due to the football, whatever takes over the timeslot would be a repeat anyway. Should be easy enough to slot in that one missing episode.

Prize for winning 99 To Beat is £25k. About right for what's involved but may seem a bit cheap from ITV for Saturday nights (if that's where the show ends up).

shortaudition.com 

Most of the cheaper game shows land at £20-£30K so in the right ball park, though in this case you feel it should be £99k.

The format seems to be 99 head to heads so presumably it's one contest across the six part series rather than each episode, so the prize does seem a bit cheap.

£25k seems cheap for a whole series prize. Fair enough if it was per episode but across a full series of shows I’d expect at least £50k and really £100k. I can’t see where in that link it actually confirms that but will assume it’s correct.

Filming next month so in theory could be ready for the Autumn, but given ITV’s reluctance to launch new formats against Strictly I expect early next year is more likely. Possibly January but given some of the similarities to Gladiators they might wait until March time and launch alongside BGT auditions.

I take it Password is now for the autumn?

(05-06-2024, 11:30 AM)eyeTV Wrote:  Adam & Ryan Thomas confirmed as hosts for 99 To Beat. Recording in July.

www.itv.com 

I honestly thought they would be back in their respective soaps within a year or two of leaving so good for them. Especially Ryan as I didn’t think he would get much work outside of Corrie except reality shows.

(10-06-2024, 01:43 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  I take it Password is now for the autumn?

I believe so yes. Presumably for the 9.30pm slot in September where Millionaire aired in 2022. Guessing The Voice at 8pm and Catchphrase etc in the 6-8pm period.

Not sure where The Genius Game slots in and whether it’ll get a strip like Fortune Hotel or have some weekend presence.

Password was definitely teased in the Christmas/Winter press pack wasn’t it?