BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

Sky News looks great, good panel as well. It’s just a shame Sky News isn’t available in HD on Freeview
[-] The following 7 users Like Andrew's post:
  • bkman1990, fusionlad, interestednovice, mark, Michael 18, turbolazer, UTVLifer

Watching SkyNews....most everything looks good. But I have to say..regrettably.....kinda not liking the black/dark blue and the colour bars background. Sorry.
[-] The following 3 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, interestednovice

(04-07-2024, 09:44 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Watching SkyNews....most everything looks good. But I have to say..regrettably.....kinda not liking the black/dark blue and the colour bars background. Sorry.

As the results come through, that background will feature less and less I'm sure.

They already got rid of the majority once, to show all the cameras at polling stations across the country.

(04-07-2024, 09:26 PM)Dan Wrote:  Here's how the C4 set is looking. Their main feed is FTA on 28E

Tons of feeds have lit up more then I thought.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • chrisherald

My Sky News YouTube stream seems to be 27 seconds behind the actual time, which isn't too bad.

Channel 4 is looking pretty good - quite different and much brighter than the last couple of elections. They're playing it very straight so far.
[-] The following 2 users Like mark's post:
  • chrisherald, DeMarkay

Ch4 looking solid from the intro. Every single programme so far though seems obsessed with far too many (crap) camera movements.
[-] The following 1 user Likes msim's post:
  • chrisherald

On C4 why do Emily and Krishnan have different laptops? Maybe it’s my OCD but it’s distracting
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mjb's post:
  • chrisherald

Is ITV's opening pre-recorded? The time on Peston's phone was showing 21:26.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gary McEwan's post:
  • chrisherald

The white bars are especially harsh and bright for some reason. But Im watching on a large telly. Lets hope the background changes. I did like the full screen of polling stations. It would have been cool to have incorporated that maybe in the background instead of the black/darkblue. Just a thought. I do like the big count down aston with the colours. I know some were expecting a new graphics package. Didnt think that was going to happen. But overall looks good.

It seems ITV1 started their election broadcast at 9:50pm?