BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

Some screenshots from around the channels...

France 24 with a Union Jack flying behind the exit poll headline

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

GB News's Top of the Hour sequence, with things looking a little cramped

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

Al Jazeera is at Downing Street

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

And so is TRT World

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 7 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • AJB39, chrisherald, interestednovice, LDN, matthieu1221, oscillon, RhysJR

Fiona Bruce just showed Mark Austin sitting right beside her on the BBC's coverage of Election 24.

Mark was probably talking to Kay Burley when he is at the Camden Election Count Centre in Kings Cross.
[-] The following 3 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, Ma76

Looks like Victoria Derbyshire got bored of camping outside Rishi's house waiting for not a lot to happen and has enlisted the help of U&Dave to take her to the count instead

P.S. Northallerton not 'North Allerton'!

x.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like Johnr's post:
  • AJB39, interestednovice, Ma76, RhysJR

For anyone who hasn't seen the finest hat of the night

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

(05-07-2024, 12:29 AM)bakamann Wrote:  Can't BBC News cover the flipper on the global feed with non-election stories?
They actually started showing non-election stories on all feeds (I think all feeds right now are verbatim simulcasting of the main feed), as seen from the previous post by bilky asko
(05-07-2024, 01:18 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  up.metropol247.co.uk 

No separate news updates after the TOTH from the balcony or Studio E, however, as far as I've seen.
[-] The following 6 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, LDN, Ma76

Exit poll projection onto old Broadcasting House...
ibb.co 

...and I can't quite believe I'm saying this, but as you can see there, they're finally using the flipper to display other news headlines besides those related to the election.

On previous election nights, the BBC has gone out of its way to limit references to other news outside of the UK election -- even the hourly news summaries (where are they this year?!) have historically led with five minutes of election news followed by a token 90-second roundup of everything else that's happening around the world.

I'm amazed it's taken this long to make such an obvious and useful change, but better late than never.
[-] The following 6 users Like LDN's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Ma76, oscillon, RhysJR

I note that the Sky News logo isn't quite displaying correctly on their AR ticker above the set (clipped on the left-hand side of the logo).

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • interestednovice

Count Binface appears to have given his first BBC interview of the night to Martha Kearney and Nick Robinson.
[-] The following 2 users Like scottishtv's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice

(05-07-2024, 01:22 AM)LDN Wrote:  Exit poll projection onto old Broadcasting House...
ibb.co 

Quite the crowd outside Broadcasting House at 10pm

x.com 

x.com 
[-] The following 7 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, LDN, matthieu1221, scottishtv

BBC are being awful for waffle this year and missing and not even mentioning results.
[-] The following 6 users Like James2001's post:
  • bkman1990, DTV, interestednovice, matthieu1221, msim, Telefunken