BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

(05-07-2024, 02:00 AM)LDN Wrote:  The flipper is now being used to show new results as they come in -- but it's odd that when a gain is shown on the flipper, it doesn't show which party previously held the seat.
ibb.co 

I was thinking you haven't a clue who the seat has been gained from...
[-] The following 1 user Likes harryb's post:
  • interestednovice

Sky being quite poor in terms of showing declarations this time round - BBC appear to be very on the ball. Surprising as normally it's the other way around.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Will's post:
  • interestednovice

Agree the BBC results flipper needs to show who the seat has been gained from! But glad they’re using it more.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 2 users Like Moz's post:
  • interestednovice, Ma76

An unfortunate error on the declaration graphics on Sky

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

Having a flick between the various channels during Lee Anderson's speech, I noticed that Channel 4 had a different camera to ITV (and Sky and the BBC, of course). They also seemed to have the least delay of all the channels (The BBC had the longest).
[-] The following 5 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Ma76, Nobby

Flicking through all the feeds, ITV seem the most lighthearted, speedy & analytical of them all. Very much enjoying it!

Nicola Sturgeon has only got a few words in so far though 😬
[-] The following 1 user Likes Liam's post:
  • chrisherald

Breaking L3s:
ibb.co 

The vertical alignment of the 'REFORM UK WINS IN ASHFIELD' text is bothering me far more than it should.

*throws television at wall*
[-] The following 8 users Like LDN's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, EastCoast, harryb, interestednovice, Jeff, JosiahStuart, Ma76

Nice to see gameshow legend Andy Kelly, a contestant once again in the Rochdale seat. Not sure there’s any contest he doesn’t enter? He didn’t win on this occasion.

Been flicking through the various channels tonight and I must say the BBC is the one I’ve stayed on for the least amount of time, there is so much going on screen it’s a bit of a distraction.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • bilky asko

(05-07-2024, 02:24 AM)Liam Wrote:  Nicola Sturgeon has only got a few words in so far though 😬

She is busy on her phone whenever I flick over to ITV, Poor booking.

I'm surprised that BBC isn't showing all of the result declarations, unlike in the previous elections, with Clive just mentioning the new results.

(05-07-2024, 02:56 AM)bakamann Wrote:  I'm surprised that BBC isn't showing all of the result declarations, unlike in the previous elections, with Clive just mentioning the new results.

Theres so many between now and like 4am it'll be impossible to show them all
[-] The following 11 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • AJB39, arbrax, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, interestednovice, Jayesyn, Jeff, Ma76, Stooky Bill, Stuart