BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

Seems a bit silly for the BBC to still be showing the exit poll now, surely there's more than enough results to get a better prediction in.
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • AJB39, arbrax

Sky's coverage would have benefitted significantly by only having Ed Conway's segments and other visualisations (e.g., the UK seat map flyovers) come from the MNF studio and basing everything else from either Sky Central (like in 2019) or Westminster.

The MNF studio hasn't enhanced their coverage and if anything, has hamstrung it.
[-] The following 5 users Like Jeff's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, eyeTV, interestednovice

(05-07-2024, 03:15 AM)James2001 Wrote:  Seems a bit silly for the BBC to still be showing the exit poll now, surely there's more than enough results to get a better prediction in.

Did they not revise it? ITV did a forecast revision based on results already declared.

I am quite amused as to why a minority of the Returning Officers decide to turn up wearing comedy pantomime uniforms. Although it's just a laughable distraction. Tongue
[-] The following 4 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AJB39, Brekkie, chrisherald, octothorpe

The Jeremy Vine Downing Street backdrop is poor. It seems like they've made a VR-AR fudge for the sake of showing off that they're in Cardiff, and also done it all on a much lower budget.
[-] The following 4 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, LDN

(05-07-2024, 03:19 AM)Stuart Wrote:  I am quite amused as to why a minority of the Returning Officers decide to turn up wearing comedy pantomime uniforms. Although it's just a laughable distraction. Tongue

It’s the uniform of High Sheriff. Perhaps you think all of our country’s fine traditions are comedic? 🙄

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 2 users Like Moz's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice

(05-07-2024, 02:13 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  An unfortunate error on the declaration graphics on Sky

up.metropol247.co.uk 

Having a flick between the various channels during Lee Anderson's speech, I noticed that Channel 4 had a different camera to ITV (and Sky and the BBC, of course). They also seemed to have the least delay of all the channels (The BBC had the longest).

Since this glitch in Sky’s graphics they’ve used none showing any numbers since announcing each declaration.

Some issues with the Jeremy Vine AR in Cardiff - the physical edge of the set is quite clearly visible (including Vine's shadow against it); and some apparent tracking issues, with Vine flickering like a dodgy hologram:
ibb.co 

The whole sequence is visually odd, with the virtual Downing Street abruptly ending, and the stack of hexagons extending awkwardly into the real BBC Cardiff building.
[-] The following 5 users Like LDN's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Jeff, Ma76

(05-07-2024, 03:30 AM)harryb Wrote:  Since this glitch in Sky’s graphics they’ve used none showing any numbers since announcing each declaration.
I've stuck with Sky for the last little while but I am really missing that graphic.

(05-07-2024, 03:27 AM)Moz Wrote:  It’s the uniform of High Sheriff. Perhaps you think all of our country’s fine traditions are comedic? 🙄
Yes, many of them. They are not 'fine traditions', they are just examples of needless pantomime. Most don't embarrass themselves in that way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • Brekkie