BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

ITV and BBC are now releasing their own forecasts, replacing the Exit Poll results.
[-] The following 3 users Like bakamann's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, interestednovice

(05-07-2024, 03:37 AM)Stuart Wrote:  Yes, many of them. They are not 'fine traditions', they are just examples of needless pantomime. Most don't embarrass themselves in that way.

Most aren’t High Sheriffs, just returning officers. It’s not always the same thing.

Perhaps they should just wear a tracksuit?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moz's post:
  • chrisherald

Moz / Stuart - keep it on the television presentation please.
[-] The following 5 users Like Frappé's post:
  • Alessi, interestednovice, JosiahStuart, Moz, Stuart

BBC forecast (separate from the exit poll), featuring a virtual House of Commons, with graphics created on a first-generation PlayStation:
ibb.co 
[-] The following 4 users Like LDN's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, Ma76, Stuart

Graphics overlapping on S4C
Note that the flipper is using a slightly different style to that used by network.

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

I am finding a little hard to follow that neither of the two Welsh programmes are not putting up the numbers during a declaration. It's especially harder when the Welsh results ar twice as long as those in England with the resulst read in two languages.
[-] The following 4 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, LDN

As the results are now coming so fast, I've switched to Sky News as their results graphics are clearer, with the data better displayed and the pushback just for the declaration speeches which you probably only want to hear rather than see.

I think I still prefer the space in Sky Central that they used for the 2019 election, rather than the sports studio.

[-] The following 7 users Like Stuart's post:
  • aaron_scotland, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, interestednovice, Ma76, Will

(05-07-2024, 04:20 AM)Stuart Wrote:  I think I still prefer the space in Sky Central that they used for the 2019 election, rather than the sports studio.

I agree, it made the exit poll sequence in 2019 far more exciting. This year, the studio is just a bit.. dull.
[-] The following 5 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, interestednovice, Stuart

I think this is worst Sky Election program for many years.

Sky were always good at UK and US election but this one feels done on cheap by not using its own purpose designed studio and instead a sport one that doesn't work.

The old Sky news centre and Sky central were so much better. The Exit Poll sequence was very bland in comparison to others and I miss Adam.
[-] The following 11 users Like EasternEagle's post:
  • aaron_scotland, bakamann, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, eyeTV, interestednovice, Jeff, msim, Stuart, UTVLifer

Channel 4 seem to have a different camera at most counts. They’ve also got a different feed for Keir Starmer’s victory speech just now.

Can’t they access the same as ITV through ITN?

Did we work out where Channel 4 was being broadcast from? Must be close to Leicester Square, as she seems to have only came off air around half 4

x.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like Ash101's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, Ma76, Michael 18

One more gif before I retire for the evening morning:
ibb.co 

Long live our batsh!t crazy democracy.