General Bauer Radio Discussion

(29-06-2024, 11:32 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  Yes it was - though I guess having Rossie on breakfast from Liverpool qualifies towards OFCOM local/regional quotas.
You've also got Andy Crane, who does his late night show from Manchester. I presume that will also count towards regional quotas

(29-06-2024, 05:50 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  Debbie Mac has announced her departure from GHR following her move to Canada last year. I believe her non-regional afternoon show has been VT’d from her new home for some time now.

www.instagram.com ==

Andy Goulding takes over the 1-4pm slot - again for those who don’t get a regional opt-out show, as well as his current Midlands listeners - from Monday.

At least they gave Debbie a proper chance to say Goodbye at the end of her show, unlike Mark Goodier who just subtly said "Thanks For Listening" at the end of his two weeks covering for Ken back in April. I do have a feeling that Mark must have been somewhat bitter about leaving GHR

(01-07-2024, 11:56 PM)HarveyB Wrote:  You've also got Andy Crane, who does his late night show from Manchester. I presume that will also count towards regional quotas

Well, not quite because those quotas only concern daytime (6am-7pm) - though Andy does occasionally dep for Mayo from Castle Quay.

In a similar vein, it's like how breakfast on Hits Radio Manchester originates (at least in part) from London but they meet the quota with the networked afternoon and Drivetime shows.

(02-07-2024, 12:09 AM)HarveyB Wrote:  At least they gave Debbie a proper chance to say Goodbye at the end of her show, unlike Mark Goodier who just subtly said "Thanks For Listening" at the end of his two weeks covering for Ken back in April. I do have a feeling that Mark must have been somewhat bitter about leaving GHR

I presume the difference is Mark Goodier is off to GHR’s biggest rival, whilst Debbie Mac is presumably exiting British radio.

Updated TOH jingles for stations promoting Rayo have started today, with examples below from Hits Radio Pride and various Greatest Hits stations.

drive.google.com 

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 3 users Like Josh's post:
  • BBI45, fusionlad, IanJRedman