Shows that had unaired episodes burnt off on other channels

(04-06-2024, 09:03 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  The second series of The Sketch Show was fully aired on Paramount Comedy, as ITV didn’t air the last couple of episodes.

Similarly, Paramount/Comedy Central also aired an episode of Not Going Out before the BBC did, but this was when it was presumed axed by the BBC, before it came back on air a year or so later.
Going off at a tangent I seem to recall for the first series ITV initially had the somewhat bizarre scheduling of about 10pm on a weeknight. I believe mid-way through it got a Saturday teatime airing, presumably after ITV realised it was rating fairly well and it's content was family friendly (as far as I recall). I didn't realise that not all of the second series had been shown by ITV.

In some respects it's a shame ITV haven't repeated it or made it available to streaming platforms. A lot of it's cast are now fairly well known in their own right, for example Lee Mack.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

Some of the Kaye Adams episodes of The People Versus were shown for the first time on Challenge too - I don't even think it got a particularly good slot even, it was clearly something Celador/Sony bundled in with some Classic Millionaire.

I'm sure there was some weirdness with the Mark Curry era Catchphrase too - from memory there was one episode which was eventually aired in 2005 as a last minute replacement for some sporting event which was cancelled, and another which wasn't aired until Challenge repeated the series for the first time over a decade later.

Possibly Wheel of Fortune too - although I might be misremembering that one - there's definitely some early ones which had only ever been shown by Scottish, possibly some Hendy ones never had an ITV airing at all?

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

Yeah, the two Hogmanay specials were only shown by Scottish, Grampian and Border Scotland, but have been part of the most of Challenge runs (IIRC they weren't shown as part of the first run, neither was the 1988 celebrity special, though the soap stars one was).

Were any of the the Family Fortunes Hogmanay specials only shown in the Scottish regions?

I didn't know Family Fortunes made any Hogmanay specials.

(08-06-2024, 09:53 AM)James2001 Wrote:  I didn't know Family Fortunes made any Hogmanay specials.

Just found this, although for some reason the thumbnail has the Challenge DOG from 20 years ago on it though this doesn't show up on the embed but it does on Youtube:
www.youtube.com 

Anyway the end-cap suggests it was a Central production for ITV as normal, so I presume it was just a themed show and not made for STV, and went out across the UK as normal.

I'd have thought that if it was exclusive to STV wouldn't it have been made for (or by) STV rather than the network? Nothing that I'm aware of would have stopped STV asking Central to do such a show for them on their behalf if they paid for it.

(04-06-2024, 09:03 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  The second series of The Sketch Show was fully aired on Paramount Comedy, as ITV didn’t air the last couple of episodes.

Similarly, Paramount/Comedy Central also aired an episode of Not Going Out before the BBC did, but this was when it was presumed axed by the BBC, before it came back on air a year or so later.

I think it only aired 2 episodes of the second series of The Sketch Show before it was pulled along with a drama called 40 Something and the Brian Conley quiz "Judgement Day"

www.theguardian.com 

www.theguardian.com 

I don't think Judgement Day ever got a new slot.