Thread Closed

GB News (June 2021 - June 2023)

Noticed the picture quality on GBN looks a little… off? It seems to have an odd frame rate issue going on. Must be the cameras as graphics seem fine. Not sure if it’s a recent thing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • fusionlad

(18-06-2024, 06:22 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Noticed the picture quality on GBN looks a little… off? It seems to have an odd frame rate issue going on. Must be the cameras as graphics seem fine. Not sure if it’s a recent thing.

Just flicked on this morning and it all looks very jerky. The graphic animations are jerky too. Somehow the scrolling ticker appears fairly smooth still.

It’s the news updates, I notice it on. Looks like they’re coming in from a zoom call.

I believe the ticker is played out at redbee to accommodate the ad-break push back.

The rest of the graphics come from GBN. If they are jerky, that's where the issue is.

Broadcasting is still jerky and difficult to watch at 1800

Looks like somethings been mismatched. I assume it's should be 1080 50p from the lil tricaster, sorry Vizrt to MediaHub Australia playout and back to Arqiva TX encoders for statmux on the broadcast platforms.

Ticker (that's inserted at playout) looks fine, so I assume return feed from Australia is correct. Can't believe they've let it run like thsi for so long

(19-06-2024, 05:18 PM)Jon Wrote:  It’s the news updates, I notice it on. Looks like they’re coming in from a zoom call.

The news updates have moved to a temporary "studio" - essentially a small office with the newsreader sat in front of a TV screen.
www.instagram.com ==

They're supposedly refurbishing the Paddington studio next week, with all broadcasts coming from Westminster for the duration.

Presumably they've already started work on the part of the studio where the bulletins usually come from.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James's post:
  • PERMOTIO

Still no word on the election night coverage?

(20-06-2024, 12:16 PM)freeview87 Wrote:  Still no word on the election night coverage?
I'm sure they'll have one or more exclusive interviews with former and/or prospective MPs, who just happen to have/had shows on GB News. Providing they're being interviewed and not presenting then that should keep OFCOM happy.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

I'm quite surprised that GB News hasn't made much of a splash in the election campaign so far. I know they've lost 2 of their big presenters and are cost cutting, but they normally punch above their weight in terms of making noise.... albeit not always intentionally.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • UTVLifer

I'm guessing despite their threats to sue OFCOM etc. they are behaving themselves, hence not creating such moments.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • London Lite, matthieu1221, MLehon, TJTSW
Thread Closed

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread