Apologies for the brief outages recently. We are aware of an issue and it is being investigated. x

(06-06-2024, 04:18 AM)inletwindow Wrote:  Laila Harrak now with Al Jazeera. So she’d rather live in Doha than Atlanta? Interesting. That’s not much closer to Barcelona.

Ever since last week. I tried to post a few screencaps of her first Newshour in the AJE thread, but those haven't been aproved, yet (lol)

imgur.com 

imgur.com 

imgur.com 

imgur.com 

imgur.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes xlalonce's post:
  • oscillon

No Smerconish this morning, Victor and Amara anchoring a special edition of CNN Newsroom instead.

[-] The following 4 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • matthieu1221, Michael 18, oscillon, Talkover

That wasnt a bad thing. To this day. i dont understand who that man is or why he has this show. Maybe its popular. But it always seems to be just.....be there. Sometimes when breaking news happens. "Smerconish is next on CNN". Huh? Who? What? Almost makes me wonder if its a paid spot. ( i know thats not true) But I never see this man on any other CNN show as a commentator or anything. I leaves me a scratching my head all these years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mouseboy33's post:
  • jirka

(09-06-2024, 02:08 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  That wasnt a bad thing. To this day. i dont understand who that man is or why he has this show. Maybe its popular. But it always seems to be just.....be there. Sometimes when breaking news happens. "Smerconish is next on CNN". Huh? Who? What? Almost makes me wonder if its a paid spot. ( i know thats not true) But I never see this man on any other CNN show as a commentator or anything. I leaves me a scratching my head all these years.
Actually, Smerconish provides political commentary in other shows as well, e.g. CNN This Morning or CNN NewsNight.
archive.org 

archive.org 

Also he substituted in the 9pm hour for several initial weeks after Chris Cuomo was fired.

Looks like his absence yesterday was planned in advance.

(08-06-2024, 02:41 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  No Smerconish this morning, Victor and Amara anchoring a special edition of CNN Newsroom instead.
Amara Walker also anchored part of the 10am hour yesterday when they broke into taped Chris Wallace Show to air joint Biden-Macron statement. Interestingly, when they went back to Chris Wallace Show, they resumed it from a mid-segment point that the show would have reached by this time if it went uniterrupted (apparently to imitate its live-ness).

Also, for some reason CNN This Morning today was in 2 separate studios for Victor and Amara - either one of them was out of Atlanta or some issues with Studio H.
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • EastCoast

i dont remember seeing him on election coverage or Trump trials or the Impeachments or any thing like that. I dont watch 24hrs a day but most of the analysts I recognized due their regularity. He isnt one I know. Except for his show. Which is an odd outlier. It comes from a DTL from Philly since its inception. I dont its ever had a set. I think he is a home. I dont recall any of CNN show regularly quoting or showing clips of interviews he's done. Its like...he's not a CNN "journalist". What is he? I think he is a radio guy from Philly. Its almost like he is not a CNN employee. Lke he is an independent contractor. Weird.

(09-06-2024, 10:07 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  i dont remember seeing him on election coverage or Trump trials or the Impeachments or any thing like that. I dont watch 24hrs a day but most of the analysts I recognized due their regularity. He isnt one I know. Except for his show. Which is an odd outlier. It comes from a DTL from Philly since its inception. I dont its ever had a set. I think he is a home. I dont recall any of CNN show regularly quoting or showing clips of interviews he's done. Its like...he's not a CNN "journalist". What is he? I think he is a radio guy from Philly. Its almost like he is not a CNN employee. Lke he is an independent contractor. Weird.

I've seen him more recently fairly regularly, often on This Morning from his radio studio, I don't know what time he broadcasts, but I assume it's around that time

Kasie Hunt features Smerconish on Fridays. He is billed as a “CNN Political Commentator”:
youtu.be 

Smerconish used to broadcast from Time Warner Center in New York before settling into a flash set in Philly:
youtu.be 

youtu.be 
[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • oscillon

thanks for the that. didnt remember he used to be briefly at TWC a decade ago is a long time. What a strange arrangement.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mouseboy33's post:
  • EastCoast

Did CNNI do any special coverage of the European elections yesterday? When I tuned in, BBC was running rolling coverage while CNNI was doing their typical CNN US simulcast.

There is only one election for CNN this year and we all know which one it is.
[-] The following 6 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • alex.w, EastCoast, Hellsloot, interestednovice, TVFan, xlalonce