(10-06-2024, 04:52 PM)alex.w Wrote:  Did CNNI do any special coverage of the European elections yesterday? When I tuned in, BBC was running rolling coverage while CNNI was doing their typical CNN US simulcast.

Nothing in depth. Just a quick report on how there has been an increase in votes for the far right. At least that was the case on Newsroom last night when a congressman from the US was asked his opinion! Very relevant...
I would imagine we have to wait until Monday's edition of Newsroom from Atlanta to get news on that.

CNN News Central (DC) today used a special thematic Breaking news sequence at the top of every hour alongside with the usual Breaking news (shorter) jingle

postimg.cc 
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • chrisherald, Talkover

(15-05-2024, 07:52 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  I’d expect them to use Studio H. They did primary debates in Studio 7 a few years ago and they did a debate in the DC studio at the beginning of the pandemic.

The sofa wasn’t inside Studio H this morning. With the debate 12 days away, the likely assumption is that it was moved for debate preparations.

[-] The following 3 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • interestednovice, matthieu1221, oscillon

I’d be mildly surprised if they use studio H for the debate, but who knows. There are so many other spaces down there.

I’d imagine CNN’s debate will be staged similar to the 2020 Democratic Debate:

The only way I see them fitting into Studio H is if the podiums are up against the side of the studio we haven’t seen, since 3 sides of it are video walls, and Jake and Dana are aligned with the brick column with the corner video walls behind them.

While Techwood has other much larger studios, they’d need a lot of physical elements to hide any of the NBA or NHL branding in those spaces. Hudson Yards has the best “debate” studio, I’m surprised they chose Atlanta over it.
[-] The following 2 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • interestednovice, Talkover

Maybe they can put them in separate, now trademark CNN flash cam sets.
[-] The following 5 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • ATLerinHK, Charles, EastCoast, interestednovice, xlalonce

(15-06-2024, 07:22 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  I’d imagine CNN’s debate will be staged similar to the 2020 Democratic Debate:

The only way I see them fitting into Studio H is if the podiums are up against the side of the studio we haven’t seen, since 3 sides of it are video walls, and Jake and Dana are aligned with the brick column with the corner video walls behind them.

While Techwood has other much larger studios, they’d need a lot of physical elements to hide any of the NBA or NHL branding in those spaces. Hudson Yards has the best “debate” studio, I’m surprised they chose Atlanta over it.

Easy enough to cover NBA/TNT/TBS/NHL whatever logos if needed. And set pieces are largely removable and changeable. CNN is def willing to spend a lot of money on this if needed.

Not surprising at all they chose Atlanta. Georgia is a key battleground state. The optics of being in Georgia and doing the debate in Georgia actually do matter.

I guess you could say what difference does it make, since they’ll just be in a TV studio with no audience so it would be the same anywhere. But the residents of Georgia will know will be paying closer attention because of it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes inletwindow's post:
  • interestednovice

Some interesting details about the CNN debate for anyone who wants to simulcast it.

www.latimes.com 

The CNN logo must be on the simulcast, other networks can't cover it up, they can put their own logo on the screen but they can't cover up CNN's.

They must call it the CNN Presidential Debate , the guides must be called "Simulcast: CNN Presidential Debate"

There are ad breaks , other outlets can put their own ads if they want. Other networks can't insert their own people during the breaks or other portions only after or before the event. ( That means I don't think PBS will even try to air this. )
[-] The following 1 user Likes sky303's post:
  • interestednovice

Why are they doing this? Don't they want to maximize their ratings? This is, after all, their only chance for good ratings in ages.