The CNN debate stage is being held on Techwood's Studio D, which is currently used by MLB on TBS.

www.ajc.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes bakamann's post:
  • EastCoast

(27-06-2024, 04:19 PM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  The BBC and Sky (the latter is a simulcast of the NBC feed, whereas the former just seems to be a straight simulcast of CNN’s feed) have both announced that they will be simulcasting the debate tonight.

Al Jazeera has shown a promo talking about Debate Coverage, and Alan Fisher is reporting in Atlanta. I don't know if they will show it live or if thew will bring commentary during the graveyard shift's news bulletins.

So I guess the pre- and post- debate coverage will be split between the two studios in the usual manner for rolling political coverage - one anchor per each studio (first Wolf Blitzer and Kaitlin Collins, then Anderson Cooper and Erin Burnett) hosting a panel of correspondents or pundits, just this time it won't be NY and DC, but two Atlanta studios - the open-air one and the debuting half of Studio H.

By the way, the magic wall in the "older" part of Studio H also made it to air today on News Central.
i.postimg.cc 

(27-06-2024, 04:19 PM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  The BBC and Sky (the latter is a simulcast of the NBC feed, whereas the former just seems to be a straight simulcast of CNN’s feed) have both announced that they will be simulcasting the debate tonight.
I wonder what BBC News will do in the breaks, especially the UK feed? Are they allowed by the Ofcom to show foreign ad breaks or will they use some kind of a breakfiller? They can't insert their own pundits and commentary, but can they do other news recaps during that time?
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • xlalonce

(27-06-2024, 08:07 PM)oscillon Wrote:  So I guess the pre- and post- debate coverage will be split between the two studios in the usual manner for rolling political coverage - one anchor per each studio (first Wolf Blitzer and Kaitlin Collins, then Anderson Cooper and Erin Burnett) hosting a panel of correspondents or pundits, just this time it won't be NY and DC, but two Atlanta studios - the open-air one and the debuting half of Studio H.

By the way, the magic wall in the "older" part of Studio H also made it to air today on News Central.
i.postimg.cc 

I wonder what BBC News will do in the breaks, especially the UK feed? Are they allowed by the Ofcom to show foreign ad breaks or will they use some kind of a breakfiller? They can't insert their own pundits and commentary, but can they do other news recaps during that time?

We will find out, but I would not be surprised if CNN is okay with the UK feed inserting something to fill up the breaks, as long as the US feed doesn't.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TIGHazard's post:
  • xlalonce

(27-06-2024, 08:49 PM)TIGHazard Wrote:  We will find out, but I would not be surprised if CNN is okay with the UK feed inserting something to fill up the breaks, as long as the US feed doesn't.

PBS, and C-SPAN 2 are airing the debate in the US ,they also don't run ads. I think they'd be fine since it won't be the BBC News doing their own talk about the debate in that break time.

I know we’re all focused on the debate right now — but Puck reports that layoffs are coming in July, with international among the divisions expected to be hit hard.

Also, CNN has begun experimenting with paywall for articles. Anecdotally hearing people being asked to pay anther from $1 to $6.99 for monthly access.

(27-06-2024, 10:17 PM)inletwindow Wrote:  I know we’re all focused on the debate right now — but Puck reports that layoffs are coming in July, with international among the divisions expected to be hit hard.

Also, CNN has begun experimenting with paywall for articles. Anecdotally hearing people being asked to pay anther from $1 to $6.99 for monthly access.

Where did they mentioned International? I read the article and I haven’t seen that.

Mark Thompson will be the death of them. And to think CNN people themselves staged a coup against Christ Licht. They must regret that now.

It would the strange for Thompson to do the international retreat of CNN since it was one of the main parts of the nyt’s expansion and growth in Mark’s years.
[-] The following 2 users Like Global TV's post:
  • EastCoast, oscillon

(27-06-2024, 10:28 PM)Global TV Wrote:  Where did they mentioned International? I read the article and I haven’t seen that.

It’s in this one I think:
puck.news 

He’s been warning of the layoffs for a few weeks now.