BBC/ITV South West/Channel Islands News

(21-06-2024, 06:51 PM)Mike Wrote:  I do think the ones in the standardised set do look marginally better (though within them some are better than others) than the offering from Plymouth. It looks almost like a game show than an election debate; and the recolouring of the cyc doesn't seem to have worked well, and the lighting is a trifle gloomy. There's also the mismatched bevels on the screens behind the guests which looks poor and the fact they're using the Politics England astons instead of the purple election ones.

It looks like different regions have done different things with the graphics, Leeds used the Politics England ones too.

(21-06-2024, 06:51 PM)Mike Wrote:  I do think the ones in the standardised set do look marginally better (though within them some are better than others) than the offering from Plymouth. It looks almost like a game show than an election debate; and the recolouring of the cyc doesn't seem to have worked well, and the lighting is a trifle gloomy. There's also the mismatched bevels on the screens behind the guests which looks poor and the fact they're using the Politics England astons instead of the purple election ones.

That being said it's a radio programme which has been produced in a television studio for online streaming so you can sort of forgive that, except they are signposting people to watch it on the iPlayer.
Radio Cambridgeshire have their election hustings next week. It'll be interesting to see whether they use the old Look East Cambridge studio, depending on what's left of it.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

(22-06-2024, 07:45 AM)Keith Wrote:  Radio Cambridgeshire have their election hustings next week. It'll be interesting to see whether they use the old Look East Cambridge studio, depending on what's left of it.
I'm sure I read somewhere that they cannibalised the TV facility for equipment usable in Norwich, then auctioned off everything else, which might have included elements of the set.

It's probably now just a store room. Sad

(22-06-2024, 08:25 AM)Stuart Wrote:  I'm sure I read somewhere that they cannibalised the TV facility for equipment usable in Norwich, then auctioned off everything else, which might have included elements of the set.

Id heard that too.

It wouldn’t work now because of the new sets but its a shame they didn’t keep the studio and occasionally broadcast look east from there

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ViridianFan's post:
  • Stuart

(22-06-2024, 08:25 AM)Stuart Wrote:  I'm sure I read somewhere that they cannibalised the TV facility for equipment usable in Norwich, then auctioned off everything else, which might have included elements of the set.

Probably explains why their set was basic to say the least, ref www.bbc.co.uk .

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

(24-06-2024, 01:04 PM)Keith Wrote:  Probably explains why their set was basic to say the least, ref www.bbc.co.uk .
Someone's Nan spent a whole weekend making the pink stretch covers for those desks. Show some gratitude! Big Grin