Apologies for the brief outages recently. We are aware of an issue and it is being investigated. x

BBC/ITV North West News

Politics North West came from the temporary set rather than the new set.

(22-05-2024, 03:24 AM)interestednovice Wrote:  Is that always the case, I didn’t realise!?

Regardless of the reason, it seems to work well anyway.

I thought that, last we heard, they’d been extending their cupboard-sized studio space so they could do something a bit “new set lite” in it - but the problem that the set wouldn’t fit in it’s standard form has been discussed here before.

It will interesting to see what they manage to end up with there.

Or might they just get the 'temporary" set as their permanent set once it's served its purpose across the country?

A treat for Hacker T Dog fans as NWT interviewed him from the CBBC green screen.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like London Lite's post:
  • interestednovice, newsdesk, Stuart

Looks like it’s the main studio from Monday for the Breakfast bulletins.

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes nwtv2003's post:
  • interestednovice

(07-06-2024, 07:17 AM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  Looks like it’s the main studio from Monday for the Breakfast bulletins.

x.com 

Since then Steve has stated it will be at some point next week rather than Monday.
[-] The following 3 users Like nwtv2003's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, interestednovice

An ample reminder from the BBC Archive about the space Look North (West) had to contend with before moving to Oxford Road in 1981 - I believe this was Studio N in Piccadilly.

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • Spencer

They'd never put up with a small studio with a low lighting grid like that nowadays, of course.
[-] The following 6 users Like Spencer's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, lookoutwales, RhysJR, Stuart, UTVLifer

It does feel like it was a lot smaller than they have now

www.youtube.com 

I see the lunchtime bulletin today is coming from the main studio, I’m not sure if it was the case yesterday. Certainly this morning’s Breakfast bulletins were from the temporary studio.

They were in the temporary studio yesterday.