UKTV to become 'U'

(11-06-2024, 08:46 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  Watching the promo back, it does feel like there’s a hint that they’re doing this under protest. Dave may have its faults, but it’s a channel that has always been quite proud of its branding from its 2007 inception.

Plus, in the hash brown ident, it seems they acknowledge their viewers will still continue to call it "Dave" anyway. At least that Dave flare will still live on despite the corporate masterbranding.
[-] The following 8 users Like Allanbuzzy's post:
  • ACTV, AndrewP, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, DeMarkay, ethanjbrady, Jeff, Stuart

(11-06-2024, 07:22 PM)orange Wrote:  Really do wonder what ITV/UTV is thinking about all this.

I feel like the UTV brand at this point is basically non-existent. I'm not sure they're really that bothered at all.

(11-06-2024, 09:35 PM)Lyric Wrote:  Here's hoping "Dave ja vu" carries over.

That's a good point! What will that channel be called? U & Dave Ja Vu? Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but I agree, I hope Dave Ja Vu continues.

(11-06-2024, 10:20 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  That's a good point! What will that channel be called? U & Dave Ja Vu? Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but I agree, I hope Dave Ja Vu continues.

Dave Ja Vu is rarely mentioned verbally, so doesn't really change anything. Apart from an added U.

Won't surprise me if that ends up as U&Dave+1. The additional U& at the start ruins the deja vu pun.
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • Brekkie, Stuart

(11-06-2024, 10:41 PM)dbl Wrote:  Dave Ja Vu is rarely mentioned verbally, so doesn't really change anything. Apart from an added U.
CAs don't mention the +1 channels for various reasons.

Why include "If you don't want to watch this now, go to channel xxx to see it in an hour"?

You'd then have to record separate ones for the repeat channel, which would defeat the objective of just having it on a direct replay. The +1s are also not available on all platforms all the time.

The name 'Dave ja vu' for the +1 service was always intended as a very clever extension of the whole "witty banter" concept for the channel.

(11-06-2024, 10:41 PM)dbl Wrote:  Dave Ja Vu is rarely mentioned verbally, so doesn't really change anything. Apart from an added U.

Well U+1 is V, so really it should be V & Dave. Similarly, U&W+1 should be V&X.
[-] The following 5 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • Allanbuzzy, AndrewP, ATee, ethanjbrady, Ma76

E4+1 was pretty heavily trailed for years, as was C4+1 when it launched. They're the only ones I can remember seeing any real publicity for tho.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillPS's post:
  • bilky asko

(12-06-2024, 12:40 AM)WillPS Wrote:  E4+1 was pretty heavily trailed for years, as was C4+1 when it launched. They're the only ones I can remember seeing any real publicity for tho.

At the risk of straying from the topic, there was this ITV1+1 promo

theident.gallery 

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • bilky asko, Ma76

(12-06-2024, 02:42 AM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  At the risk of straying from the topic, there was this ITV1+1 promo

theident.gallery 
Yet despite having a DOG identifying a +1 channel, some goons still take to Twitter/X complaining that the clock is wrong on GMB. Huh
[-] The following 5 users Like Stuart's post:
  • ATee, DJ Dave, ethanjbrady, Ma76, SB678