BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

(22-05-2024, 08:30 PM)TIGHazard Wrote:  It's still happening. They went back to him half an hour later and he's being flanked by a security guard outside to make sure he doesn't try and get back in.

Pretty incredible that he got in that far if he wasn't allowed in! He seemed to be walking almost the entire length of ExCel from east to west by the riverside! More of a case of Tory right hand and Tory left hand giving differing indications?
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • TIGHazard

I can see that it's a party event and there's a pooled feed available of that event, and presumably not intended to be something with the press at..... but that's a terrible way to start the campaign, it looks really really bad.

But as Sophie Ridge said after the second appearance by Darren, there's the first moment of the campaign!

Incidently it's something that wouldn't have been shown 10 years ago, maybe not even in 2019... being able to walk through a building live on TV is something that's only recently been possible on the fly like that.
[-] The following 7 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • bilky asko, Brekkie, matthieu1221, SB678, thePineapple, TIGHazard, Transmission

ITV's Shehab Khan was the pool camera. Doesn't seem like Darren missed much by being kicked out.

x.com 

Darren being quite forcibly removed if it wasn't already clear from the angle broadcast live!
x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • Nobby

A Sky News talent announcement is coming at 10pm. It looks like their election lineup to me.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 11 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, DeMarkay, Gibsy, Jayesyn, London Lite, matthieu1221, Michael Wotton, PJamo, scottishtv, TVHead

(22-05-2024, 08:39 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  I can see that it's a party event and there's a pooled feed available of that event, and presumably not intended to be something with the press at..... but that's a terrible way to start the campaign, it looks really really bad.

But as Sophie Ridge said after the second appearance by Darren, there's the first moment of the campaign!

Incidently it's something that wouldn't have been shown 10 years ago, maybe not even in 2019... being able to walk through a building live on TV is something that's only recently been possible on the fly like that.
I guess this event/incident will have been noted by all political parties. Some may be realising for the first time that such live transmissions are now possible, and how it doesn't look great for it to be shown live on a 'mainstream media' outlet.

I can envisage it featuring on this week's HIGNFY, given that they record tomorrow night.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • AJB39

(22-05-2024, 09:13 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  A Sky News talent announcement is coming at 10pm. It looks like their election lineup to me.

youtu.be 

Trying to guess from the silhouettes that looks like Sophy Ridge in the middle and Kay Burley second from the left. We’ll find out shortly.

(22-05-2024, 09:36 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  Trying to guess from the silhouettes that looks like Sophy Ridge in the middle and Kay Burley second from the left. We’ll find out shortly.

"Kay Burley, Sophy Ridge, Beth Rigby, Sam Coates, Ed Conway and Trevor Phillips are taking over the Sky Sports Monday Night Football studio for Sky News' election" is what the description on the video says.

Visit the Internet Commentator Database  - www.icdb.tv 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ste's post:
  • harshy

(22-05-2024, 09:13 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  A Sky News talent announcement is coming at 10pm. It looks like their election lineup to me.

youtu.be 

As reported, the coverage is going to come from the studio that hosts their Premier League coverage going by the thumbnail.

Looks great too in the video and quite funny too

(22-05-2024, 10:02 PM)Ste Wrote:  "Kay Burley, Sophy Ridge, Beth Rigby, Sam Coates, Ed Conway and Trevor Phillips are taking over the Sky Sports Monday Night Football studio for Sky News' election" is what the description on the video says.

Looks like I’m wrong and Kay Burley will be the lead presenter. I’ll think I’ll be watching the BBC coverage.