ITV Programming

Filmed at the Versa studios in West London.

x.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • JMT1985, RhysJR

ITV July to September highlights: www.itv.com 

Very sparse, and a lot of ITVX content filling on ITV1. Cuts really starting to show.

(3 hours ago)eyeTV Wrote:  Very sparse, and a lot of ITVX content filling on ITV1. Cuts really starting to show.

They are there own worse enemy, same as BBC 1, Channel 4 and Five. If they didn't box set every single program and kept it ratings would go up which would mean advertisers are happy

(3 hours ago)eyeTV Wrote:  Very sparse, and a lot of ITVX content filling on ITV1. Cuts really starting to show.

Whereas in previous years the summer has been wall to wall hits?

I think ITVX exclusives were always planned to get linear airings, so it makes sense to show them in the summer when previously it would have just been repeats
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • eyeTV, iloveTV1

Strange choice to do it as July to September as well, when July & August are always pretty low on content. Suspect they’ll largely throw in the towel against the Olympics where a lot of the ITVX content will run.

September will probably have The Tower and My Mum Your Dad stripped across 3 of the weeks (the other week being w/c 9th Sept when they have the NTAs and an England international.

The lack of entertainment is really stark though, only The Voice and Password listed for Saturdays, which I guess will start late August or early September.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Score's post:
  • eyeTV

(3 hours ago)Andrew Wrote:  Whereas in previous years the summer has been wall to wall hits?

I can accept that but this is to the end of September, a month when traditionally broadcasters put out the big dramas & entertainment shows.

I notice they were using the big audiences during the football this weekend to promote the 'big hitters' Joan & My Mum Your Dad. The drama looks alright, but is there much anticipation for a second series of My Mum Your Dad?

(2 hours ago)eyeTV Wrote:  I can accept that but this is to the end of September, a month when traditionally broadcasters put out the big dramas & entertainment shows.

I notice they were using the big audiences during the football this weekend to promote the 'big hitters' Joan & My Mum Your Dad. The drama looks alright, but is there much anticipation for a second series of My Mum Your Dad?

They must be hoping for growth on My Mum Your Dad this time based on the warm reception (but low ratings) for series 1. But it’s not a great sign for Autumn that this is the only entertainment show they’ve promoted during the Euros. I get that they’re probably not going to promote I’m a Celeb, The Voice etc but the lack of big new stuff really stands out. Looks like it’ll be another Autumn of rolling over against Strictly. I’m surprised they haven’t teased the new David Tennant format Genius Game. Makes me wonder if that now isn’t coming until Q1.

It feels like they’re really struggling with budgets to launch big new unscripted shows and are instead doing small stuff and ad-funded stuff. They also seem to be dragging content out and keeping shows on the shelf for ages. Password was filmed in June 2023 and there are still episodes of Millionaire, Celeb Tipping Point and Chase that were filmed in 2022 yet to air. Plus the civilian series of Beat the Chasers filmed in May 2023 that hasn’t turned up yet (the celeb ones filmed at the same time have).

It's the summer season - what do you expect? ITV will never waste big ratings hits in the lean season for ad revenue - people are away on holidays and are not watching TV, other people are out of the house, busy and not watching much TV - a wise move to save their big stuff until September.

This happened all the time on both BBC and ITV and I don't see why some people are shocked by the thin bare schedules, this was always the summer lean season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • Score

A bit odd to through September in with the sumner press pack. Does look to be a shifting strategy though as series 2 of Changing Ends and new conedy Piglets are flagged as ITV1 shows too so looks like they'll air alongside their release on ITVX, presumably paired together in an hour.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Score