Hotel Television

(10-06-2024, 07:16 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  Another user said that the TV may need a quick retune to return the sound. Hotel staff generally don't mess with the TV, unless its broken.

I think the retuning freeview issue is one of the most annoying. There were loads of channels missing in my relatively new premier inn the other week bc they'd not retuned the TVs.

It really should be a thing added to the housekeeping list as occasional maintenance if the TVs cannot handle it themselves (which they should be doing and has always been a flaw of freeview).

It's even worse when you can't retune them yourself because that option's locked out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • ethanjbrady

If the retuning feature wasn’t locked down, I’d be worried it’d somehow go wrong and I’d end up with no channels

On a separate note, I stayed in a Travelodge a while back, and the remote was a very basic affair with a one piece cleanable surface, possibly introduced during Covid. It was like those One4all remotes you used to see. I think it was American as the subtitles button was labeled “CC”

I always end up rescanning Premier Inn TVs. If you Google how to unlock the TV then change.the option in the service menu, the sound on channel 101 comes back.

Be careful though, you can really mess the TV up in the service menu.
[-] The following 3 users Like fusionlad's post:
  • AndrewP, chaose, London Lite

I was staying in a hotel in Liverpool recently and was quite surprised that the TV in the hotel room had the option to log into various streaming apps. Most I've been to just have the basic Freeview channels.

Whilst playing around I found Netflix was still logged in to a German account as all their names were listed - someone obviously forgot to log out when they left - oops!

Saw a TV somewhere once that still had the CBBC Channel on channel 30 on Freeview, which was like years after it officially moved to channel 70. Can't remember if it worked or not, was just happy to get anything. IIRC was one of those cheap Freeview boxes.