S4C Programming

'Ffit Cymru', one of S4C's more dependable formats of recent years (itself based on RTE's Transformtion Nation) is being reworked and relaunched as 'Ty Ffit' (Fit House) for next year.

www.s4c.cymru 

Not terribly convinced by the idea, personally - bringing in a fixed-rig reality setting seems a bit too limiting and confined (although saying that, the 2020 series coincided with the first Covid lockdown - it carried on as a studio show but everyone bar the presenter, a good friend of mine, had to contribute via Zoom)

Contestant calls went out last week. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up as a one-series wonder, to be honest.

www.televisual.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • Flux, RhysJR

I've noticed some signs of new branding for S4C's longest running (and the BBC's longest running!!) soap Pobol y Cwm appearing here and there as they begin publicising the show's 50th anniversary, such as this one one the show's Wiki.

Yet the show's social channels as well as the programme itself still feature incredibly dated titles (half the businesses depicted on the shots of the street are long gone!) and overall branding. I wonder if we might finally see a revamp this year? And maybe even some extra programming to celebrate? The actual anniversary of the first episode looks like it falls in October and 50 years is quite an achievement so I hope they have some on-screen plans.

(19-06-2024, 10:32 AM)Flux Wrote:  I've noticed some signs of new branding for S4C's longest running (and the BBC's longest running!!) soap Pobol y Cwm appearing here and there as they begin publicising the show's 50th anniversary, such as this one one the show's Wiki.

Are you sure that's not just some kind of fan-made branding?

They appear to be sticking with the official branding at least in this promo for a touring event marking the 50th anniversary in October.

Never realised till now the similarities between the 90s era logo and the Thames triangle, but that's another story...

(19-06-2024, 01:05 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  Are you sure that's not just some kind of fan-made branding?

They appear to be sticking with the official branding at least in this promo for a touring event marking the 50th anniversary in October.

Never realised till now the similarities between the 90s era logo and the Thames triangle, but that's another story...

It might well be, but I personally think it looks too well made to be a mock. Maybe it’s slipped through before it was meant to if the current branding is still being used elsewhere? A lot of brand new portraits of current characters have also appeared on that Wiki recently which I’ve never seen anywhere else, which makes me suspect the site is being fed through official circles.

The graphic is certainly nicer and classier than the current look so I really hope it’s a sign of something brewing! It’s about time and a new look in time for the 50th would be a perfect excuse.

The current look reminds me a lot of Asda for some reason, probably the green and the sans serif font (although the fonts themselves are hardly identical)

The presumed new look is certainly much classier, and harks back to past years with the triangle motif.

Another gaffe to report - this time involving one of their biggest shows, Priodas Pum Mil ('Five Thousand Pound Wedding')

For this year's Christmas special, one couple are getting a £15,000 budget for their wedding instead of the usual £5,000.

www.s4c.cymru 

They put it to a viewers vote between two couples who applied - unfortunately, it turned out one of the couples accidentally breached the rules in terms of encouraging others to vote.

They've been disqualified (although the producers are offering them support), the competition was axed and the second couple will go onto feature in the Christmas special.

Suffice to say viewers aren't happy.