BBC One Christmas 2023

(17-11-2023, 10:08 AM)rick Wrote:  Is '1 ST' a code, or does that read as "1st News Safe Ident", meaning there'll be more than one?

"1" for BBC One, "ST" is if I remember right for Subtitles (someone can correct me on that), the titles of all BBC One symbols start "1 ST", BBC Two "2 ST" and so on.

As far as I can see, the only little revelation on that clock is that it's a night version, implying that there's also a day version, which has happened before but not every time.
[-] The following 2 users Like Transmission's post:
  • bilky asko, Ma76

Also a quick question:

Is that Picture House mentioned in the bottom left of the screenshot those that made this ident set?
[-] The following 2 users Like AaronLancs's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, Ma76

It's a post production house - so likely where it was edited.
pictureshop.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like thegeek's post:
  • AaronLancs, Ma76

The typo in the title of this thread is really bothering me!

(21-11-2023, 09:44 AM)Alessi Wrote:  The typo in the title of this thread is really bothering me!

I hear the BBC are planning a revival of Come Dancing for next year... wonder how that'll work out?
[-] The following 3 users Like rick's post:
  • Alessi, Roger Darthwell, TJTSW

(21-11-2023, 10:12 AM)rick Wrote:  I hear the BBC are planning a revival of Come Dancing for next year... wonder how that'll work out?
It will fail - people tune into Strictly to see fairly well known "celebs" competing - when it is just X Factor style "Joe public" - the interest will not be there - this is the reason why on 2004 whey chose the celebrity reboot version.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • TJTSW

(21-11-2023, 06:37 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  It will fail - people tune into Strictly to see fairly well known "celebs" competing - when it is just X Factor style "Joe public" - the interest will not be there - this is the reason why on 2004 whey chose the celebrity reboot version.

Think you missed the joke there.
[-] The following 4 users Like fusionlad's post:
  • AndrewP, callumwatchestelly, rick, TJTSW

(21-11-2023, 06:55 PM)fusionlad Wrote:  Think you missed the joke there.

Like to cover my ass in both ways, as some on here write things and then pretend it was a joke, or pretend not, just whichever way their mind goes, or how they want to troll people.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • fusionlad

(21-11-2023, 08:35 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Like to cover my ass in both ways, as some on here write things and then pretend it was a joke, or pretend not, just whichever way their mind goes, or how they want to troll people.

Is this a joke?
[-] The following 2 users Like Nobby's post:
  • bilky asko, callumwatchestelly

(21-11-2023, 08:37 PM)Nobby Wrote:  Is this a joke?

Well, I leave that question with you and see if you can decide