American News Presentation

CBS News 24/7 debuted a VR set for a few of their hours. They even do like the BBC with feeds of all the stations. Only problem is when they take a stations “feed” or story it’s video quality is poor.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 1 user Likes rkolsen's post:
  • mouseboy33

And, with the new VR studio, CBS News 24/7 has expanded live dayside coverage with an emphasis on breaking news from O&Os and affiliates (in a style akin to Fox’s LiveNow, hence the feed videowall). Two programs air from different studios: at 10am ET with Vladimir Duthiers (from New York) and at 1pm ET; that daypart is new and is produced from the VR studio of KPIX in San Francisco, with that station’s anchor Reed Cowan presenting).

www.newscaststudio.com 

Worth remembering KPIX’s VR set, found this interesting case study, the set being designed and integrated by Björn Myreze’s company in Norway, who created The Weather Channel’s VR studio:

myreze.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Medianext.MX's post:
  • mouseboy33

THis show looks interesting. This is why I like CNN News Central when it first started. But I like the live feel of a show like this where the breaking news is taken live. And keep Reed Cowan is a really good anchor for a programme like. Like Shepherd Smith and his breaking news-style coverage, they both cut their teeth at WSVN in Miami. So he brings the WSVN looser style that fits perfectly for rolling breaking news and "whip-round" type of programme.

Interesting.

Variety magazine had an interesting snippet. I know its produced at KPIX but they also have a igger hand in the creation and production than you'd think.
"CBS News won’t, however, cut important coverage to cater to shorter attention spans. “We devote the time that the story deserves. If something is huge, like if a tanker runs into a Baltimore bridge, we will probably spend the whole hour doing that,” says Scott Warren, general manager of KPIX in San Francisco, who has played a role in developing the new programming. “But if it’s news stories from around the country, we will run with them, and when it’s time to dip out of that, we will go to something else,” he adds. “It’s a very loose format.”
[-] The following 1 user Likes mouseboy33's post:
  • Medianext.MX