TV Social Media Pres Gold

(05-06-2024, 02:06 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  This Week was ALWAYS like that

Indeed - for 2010, it was a Wizard of Oz parody (featuring a real Charles Kennedy)

A tour round some of TVS in Southampton by one of the engineers there at the time

youtu.be 
[-] The following 3 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • harshy, JJJJ, lookoutwales

(05-06-2024, 10:08 AM)James2001 Wrote:  I'm suprised you can't spot what I'm trying to explain, but maybe I'm doing it badly and someone else on here can explain it better than I can. I guess a better way to describe it is something like those motionflow settings a lot of modern TVs have, or the Vidfire process used on things like episodes of Doctor Who or Dad's Army to restore the video look to something that only survives as a telerecording. Just converting from 50i to 50p wouldn't do that.
I think you're trying to explain and argue something I was never even making a point about in the first place.

Yes, of course some jiggery pokery has been done to the video when it was put on the site, and in my opinion it looks great for it.

The fact that some of the original content originated on film is irrelevant to how it looks now. It almost certainly came from a domestic format, any processing has had to do a lot more than just changing field and frame rate!

More vintage General Election gold. A simple Q&A with Neil Kinnock. Its only been 14 years since the first 'American style' leader's debate. I'll be honest, I'd rather we get 3 or 4 of these during the week, and a big debate
www.youtube.com 

[Image: BB50.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Blubatt's post:
  • Stuart, TIGHazard

(05-06-2024, 06:08 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  I think you're trying to explain and argue something I was never even making a point about in the first place.

Yes, of course some jiggery pokery has been done to the video when it was put on the site, and in my opinion it looks great for it.

The fact that some of the original content originated on film is irrelevant to how it looks now. It almost certainly came from a domestic format, any processing has had to do a lot more than just changing field and frame rate!

A supposed archive adding detail that was never there in the first place (using AI at that) does seem more than a little ridiculous.

I can perhaps see the temptation of not re-digitising old clips that were originally 25fps and low resolution when they were first uploaded, but applying it wholesale to clips that feature film segments is hardly treating the original material with respect.

(05-06-2024, 07:57 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  More vintage General Election gold. A simple Q&A with Neil Kinnock. Its only been 14 years since the first 'American style' leader's debate. I'll be honest, I'd rather we get 3 or 4 of these during the week, and a big debate
www.youtube.com 

Now ITN just need to post their full election coverage from the past on there as well.

David Lowe breaks down his composition of the theme tune to The One Show

x.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • bilky asko, Spencer

I never made the connection between the One Show and Touch and Go
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Larry the Loafer