BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

(16-06-2024, 03:39 AM)Stuart Wrote:  I notice that the desk extension for the GE is already back in Studio B. I assume they've started doing rehearsals.

The lunchtime bulletin on Saturday came from another studio (the one London have used previously) which could lead to rehearsals taking place.
[-] The following 1 user Likes freeview87's post:
  • interestednovice

(15-06-2024, 05:44 PM)chris Wrote:  I totally understand the financial decision but it does lose some of the grandness of election night. 2019 using “the whole of NBH” didn’t quite have the same impact as a big election centre.

I agree, and I thought the AR atrium above the real set was a mistake.

I still think it looked pretty decent, though, for something that presumably cost a lot less than the Elstree election centre. There were elements I really loved, such as the background behind the main desk and how they made more use of the outside of Broadcasting House.

I'm not against the broadcasters using their regular studios on election night if it's done well. NBC and MSNBC are good examples of that.

I just hope Studio B looks better than it did for the local elections, although I have a feeling it will. One element that I expect (and hope) we'll set again is the people working at desks on the balcony screens to make the studio look bigger than it is.
[-] The following 4 users Like mark's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, Stuart, UTVLifer

I am interested on what ITV News will be doing in their studio - will it again be a simple tweaking of the 2015/2017/2019 election sets? Also like in 2019, will they make use of the atrium for their big night?

Could still be submitted I guess, but I was looking at the council website and the BBC haven't put in any planning applications for projections on NBH as they did in 2019.
[-] The following 3 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Stuart

(17-06-2024, 10:52 AM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  Could still be submitted I guess, but I was looking at the council website and the BBC haven't put in any planning applications for projections on NBH as they did in 2019.
I could be completely wrong but there may be less point this time anyway. The hours in which it's possible to project onto BH will be fairly small given how long the days are.

Yeah, will still be pretty light even at 10PM when the exit poll comes in, probably too light for a projection to work.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • Stuart

(17-06-2024, 11:48 AM)sigma421 Wrote:  I could be completely wrong but there may be less point this time anyway. The hours in which it's possible to project onto BH will be fairly small given how long the days are.

One would have thought they would be better off using AR to 'project' results onto NBH. Probably more effective and cheaper.

As for ITV's plans, rehearsals begin shortly, so possible there may be some leaks after that.
[-] The following 4 users Like newsjunkie's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, mark, Stuart

(17-06-2024, 11:52 AM)newsjunkie Wrote:  One would have thought they would be better off using AR to 'project' results onto NBH. Probably more effective and cheaper.

As for ITV's plans, rehearsals begin shortly, so possible there may be some leaks after that.

Do you think this election will be the chance for ITV News to use their new newsroom based studio? Maybe have their election night divided in three - Studio 1, the newsroom and the atrium?

Details of Global's election coverage, which includes using it's network of billboards to display the exit poll results.

Lots of mentions of The News Agents involvement in the coverage, but of course Emily Maitlis is presenting Channel 4's coverage with those from a rival podcast that night

global.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • bkman1990, LargelyALurker

Interesting no Iain Dale although I suppose the contracts for this may have been signed when he was off attempting to be an MP.
[-] The following 2 users Like radio listener's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer