BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

I don’t think they’ve really gone overboard. It’s a general election so it’s quite important. They’ve probably got the amount of programming in run up to election day just right and next week is basically the last full week campaigning.
[-] The following 6 users Like Jon's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, Ash101, bkman1990, Jeff, LDN

On the subject of tonight's BBC Wales debate, it's being simulcast by Radio Wales, who are extending their Drivetime news programme as part of their wraparound coverage.

Catrin Heledd is reverting back from Sport to News to do a behind-the-scenes stream from 6.15pm.

www.bbc.co.uk 

Interesting to note that S4C has steered clear of the barrage of debates - though I wonder if there's really an appetite for it among Welsh language audiences.

Radio Cymru has its own version of Any Questions? called 'Hawl i Holi' and they've scheduled two election specials this month, albeit more in the form of a hustings.

Campaign coverage on the whole has been rather less intrusive on S4C's schedules compared to the other PSB channels. ITV's political series Y Byd yn ei Le has been moved to peak-time, but asides that and Newyddion, it almost feels like business as usual.
[-] The following 3 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, RhysJR

Well it seems like the QT special will have to be edited. According to the article, a cameraman swore under his breath when Sunak came on start.

metro.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like TIGHazard's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

Saw no reference to that alleged comment last night. Is an argument that the nature of the programme means it should go out unedited on iPlayer.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Nobby, TIGHazard

That sounds like a whisper made very close to a microphone. Can't see how it could have been a cameraman? Aren't the audience atmos mics usually slung from the grid?
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

Election preparations are well underway at PQ.

[-] The following 9 users Like ScottishTVGuy's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, BN88, chrisherald, lookoutwales, matthieu1221, RhysJR, Stuart, thePineapple

Some scheduling fun and games with that Wales debate tonight.

The One Show and the Netherlands v France build up moved to BBC2 Wales, with he Panorama Farage interview timeshifted to 8pm.

Almost forgot in my earlier post that Pawb a’i Farn had an election special last night - again more of a typical edition.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • chrisherald

What they could have done is go Fiona Bruce to pre-record half an hour with Plaid Cymru yesterday teatime

Then when the SNP bit came on, BBC One Wales could have opted out and seamlessly shown the pre-recorded PC bit
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • octothorpe

(21-06-2024, 08:37 PM)Andrew Wrote:  What they could have done is go Fiona Bruce to pre-record half an hour with Plaid Cymru yesterday teatime

Then when the SNP bit came on, BBC One Wales could have opted out and seamlessly shown the pre-recorded PC bit

Thing is though that it was a bit odd the SNP were featured at all, it being recorded in York. I doubt there'd be many potential Plaid Cymru voters in the audience either.

I assume BBC NI and UTV have done some debates of their own given the different political landscape of Northern Ireland.