Eurovision Song Contest 2023

A little sneak peek of this year’s slogan and theme art ahead of tomorrow night’s Handover Ceremony and Allocation Draw in Liverpool

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes WhisperOfCinnamon's post:
  • UTVLifer

A nice teaser trailer on this news article giving a sense of the theme beyond the slogan

www.bbc.co.uk 

Looks great. Good to see a departure from previous years, which have all been a bit samey. The font in particular looks really good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • UTVLifer

BBCBreakfast covered it well this morning, the Little Ukrainain Lad called David was a little star, hopefully he will go far in the future and will be a big boost for Ukraine hopefully.
I like the Logo and heart theme this year too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TJTSW's post:
  • UTVLifer

Are the allocation graphics usually an indication of the scoreboard graphics? If so prepare to be underwhelmed. Would like to see something a bit more dynamic this year.

twitter.com 

I don’t know the answer to your question. But I think they look quite nice although not as different to previous looks as the rest of the graphics seem to be. The Liverpool backdrop looks great.

This production was made by an indie rather than BBC Studios, doubt that makes much difference though they’d be working with the same guidelines.

Surprised no one had commented on this until you, usually the draws are posted about, let alone it being the first official broadcast of this years home contest.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • UTVLifer

Just caught up on tonight’s show - AJ and Rylan were excellent hosts. If they end up hosting the finals, I think it’s in good hands. I’d guess these plus 1 or 2 Ukrainian hosts.
[-] The following 4 users Like all new phil's post:
  • DeMarkay, JosiahStuart, thePineapple, UTVLifer

With the hosts I'm finding it difficult to decide what would be the perfect line up.

I think given Rylan and AJ's performance yesterday it would be fair to say that they will likely be presenters - as has happened with presenters for the Semi Final allocation draws over the past few years.

I think Graham Norton could make fleeting appearances as a 'presenter' maybe at the beginning and the end (a la Wogan 1998) - without being an official presenter and sticking to the commentary which he has already said he wants to do.

I do think Timur Miroshnychenko would the ideal Ukrainian element to it, even if he has presented the contest before. I think his occasional appearances on British TV is gearing him up to be presenter.

And I think in terms of a fourth presenter for green room interview elements, I would say Alison Hammond would be ideal if they can get her.

So 4 (and a half) presenters that I can see hosting the contest. I suppose we won't have long to wait to find out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RDJ's post:
  • UTVLifer

I can see Rylan more now, he was a lot better last night than I remember him being a few years ago. I think AJ must be a certainty, she's really matured as a host.

It got 733k viewers last night which is possibly higher than any semi final has managed here which is quite a feat for something normally tucked away on YouTube. No doubt the most watched draw ever!
[-] The following 2 users Like gottago's post:
  • Happy2001, UTVLifer

(31-01-2023, 11:25 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Are the allocation graphics usually an indication of the scoreboard graphics?  If so prepare to be underwhelmed. Would like to see something a bit more dynamic this year.

twitter.com 
I wouldn't put too much stock into it, as Rotterdam also used a cityscape for the background of its draw graphics. What we eventually got in 2021 was one of the most dynamically animated scoreboards yet (though the draw slides in 2020 were at least animated). I'd also doubt that any of the team involved in this year's graphics had a hand in the ceremony as its production was handled by an external company, who I imagine were handed the font and logo files, then left to their own devices.
[-] The following 3 users Like Georgie's post:
  • Brekkie, chaose, Happy2001