BBC phasing out SD services on satellite in 2023

I think BBC London HD has appeared for testing I am not sure which channel since the EPG is limited.

6931 10847 v 23000

10363 sorry.

(14-02-2023, 06:48 PM)harshy Wrote:  I think BBC London HD has appeared for testing I am not sure which channel since the EPG is limited.

6931 10847 v 23000

10363 sorry.

6931 is the one that is supposed to become "BBC One SE HD", though it currently still points to BBC One HD (the one with the red screen of death).

It looks like BBC One London HD was just added to the Freesat EPG propper: 10363 10818 V.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ASnep's post:
  • harshy

I haven't been keeping track of the ID numbers but on 10788 BBC Scotland has either appeared or its channel has been renamed to that.

For whatever reason the English regions have not yet been renamed from their ID numbers. I suppose it's extremely low priority among the other transition work since it makes no difference to the intended audience using Sky/Freesat boxes

(14-02-2023, 09:00 PM)i.h Wrote:  I haven't been keeping track of the ID numbers but on 10788 BBC Scotland has either appeared or its channel has been renamed to that.

For whatever reason the English regions have not yet been renamed from their ID numbers. I suppose it's extremely low priority among the other transition work since it makes no difference to the intended audience using Sky/Freesat boxes

They get their propper name once they go live on the Sky EPG. Sky use the channel name from the DVB stream, while Freesat gets the channel names from their EPG data.

BBC Scotland HD was switched to the new feed on 10788 for Sky viewers, hence it got the propper name. The regions will get their name once they go live on Sky.

And the latest batch of HD regions are now on Sky.  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Spencer's post:
  • ASnep, bkman1990

(15-02-2023, 12:44 PM)Spencer Wrote:  And the latest batch of HD regions are now on Sky.  Smile

I’ll rescan again just to get rid of the unnamed channels.

(15-02-2023, 12:44 PM)Spencer Wrote:  And the latest batch of HD regions are now on Sky.  Smile
The addition of 'BBC One SW HD' and channel swap to 101 seems to have corrupted the EPG on my Sky+HD DRX890, creating many duplicate channels all over the place. Confused

A reboot and resetting of my favourites seems to have solved the issue. Tongue

10773V appears to have cleared already this evening.

Will be home to BBC Parliament HD, BBC One North East & Cumbria HD, BBC One North West HD and BBC One Yorkshire HD.

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew Wood's post:
  • bkman1990

Stuart Wrote:The addition of 'BBC One SW HD' and channel swap to 101 seems to have corrupted the EPG on my Sky+HD DRX890.
My Sky Q favourite of 967, BBC One South West completely disappeared when they made the change today. Normally a favourite remains in place over a name change.

Additionally, with Sky Q, I've noticed that the tick against Satellite Signal disappears whenever a name change occurs on an added channel. The signal's still there and everything works, just a cross instead of a tick until the next reboot.

Nick Harvey
Carbuncle Corner - The Monstrous Lump on the World Wide Web

In Switzerland, cable and IPTV providers have all switched from BBC One HD (England) to BBC One London HD. This matches ITV where they provide the ITV1 London feed in HD.