Did Lynda Kinkade's weekend (Asia) morning editions of Newsroom never return after the pandemic? Can't seem to find them being broadcast on the schedule. Only the usual US primetime on Saturday mornings, and Newsroom US editions on Sunday and Monday mornings.

Looks like CNN are once again playing around with what to put in the 9pm hour. This week it's another edition of Erin Burnett OutFront but next week's schedule appear to just show a generic CNN Special Program with it being two hours from 9pm-11pm on Tuesday and Thursday night and CNN Tonight being only from 11pm-12am ET on those days.

EDIT: I just seen the schedule and now it is listed as "CNN Prime". Clearly lining up another present or format for that slot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • oscillon

(13-02-2023, 01:23 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  Did Lynda Kinkade's weekend (Asia) morning editions of Newsroom never return after the pandemic? Can't seem to find them being broadcast on the schedule. Only the usual US primetime on Saturday mornings, and Newsroom US editions on Sunday and Monday mornings.
Since the pandemic all regular CNNI news output on weekends has been limited to US overnights -- since midnight ET to 6 AM ET (that is from 1 PM to 7 PM HKT in winter). You might as well notice that weekday Asia mornings, previously a slot for Your World Today and earlier CNN Today, is now also a US Simulcast. Even the Global Brief, having returned after the pandemic, is now axed.

CNN This Morning doing their best..... Rolleyes

twitter.com 

(13-02-2023, 04:06 PM)oscillon Wrote:  
(13-02-2023, 01:23 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  Did Lynda Kinkade's weekend (Asia) morning editions of Newsroom never return after the pandemic? Can't seem to find them being broadcast on the schedule. Only the usual US primetime on Saturday mornings, and Newsroom US editions on Sunday and Monday mornings.
Since the pandemic all regular CNNI news output on weekends has been limited to US overnights -- since midnight ET to 6 AM ET (that is from 1 PM to 7 PM HKT in winter). You might as well notice that weekday Asia mornings, previously a slot for Your World Today and earlier CNN Today, is now also a US Simulcast. Even the Global Brief, having returned after the pandemic, is now axed.

Not too sure why but I was under the impression that they had returned in lieu of Newsroom US simulcasts. I must've been thinking that, fair enough, a permanent simulcast of US primetime on weekdays with CNN's stars is begrudgingly okay for the international audience, but that they wouldn't permanently be simulcasting just the bog standard Newsroom bulletin. I guess not.

(12-02-2023, 01:36 PM)excel99 Wrote:  Based on the current schedules - which can obviously change - two Atlanta studios are needed as both CNN/US and CNNI are live from Atlanta 12:00-12:30pmET on Saturdays (World Sport on CNNI). Assuming Charles Barkley was at 9 or 10pmET one weeknight, he wouldn't necessarily need a separate studio though

However as well as CNN/US and CNNI, do CNN en Espanol have any Atlanta studio content to consider, and if so when is it?

I hadn’t realized that World Sport was still live at 12p, because there is no other CNNI live programming on weekends.

So, there probably will be at least two new CNN studios built at Techwood then I guess.

But I’m sure there will also be a handful of flash studios (small rooms that basically just have a small desk, monitor, and camera). World Sport could easily be anchored out of flash if needed.

And CNN has used the existing studio space at Techwood from time to time. So that’s not unprecedented. For example, the magazine show “CNN Presents” used the NBA TV studio during its short run in 2011/2012.

Edited to add what I'm talking about with that Tecwhood studio:
www.youtube.com 

You can see it around the :30-:60 mark. That's the TNT/NBA TV studio at Techwood, I believe... or at least one of them.

I don't mind Don Lemon when he decides to be a serious newsreader and presenter but surely this doesn't help his cause whatsoever saying this in front of two female colleagues.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • AJB39

(16-02-2023, 07:40 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  I don't mind Don Lemon when he decides to be a serious newsreader and presenter but surely this doesn't help his cause whatsoever saying this in front of two female colleagues.

twitter.com 
I watched that live, it was so uncomfortable. Both Harlow and Collins were shocked to say the least. Lemon was relentless in justifying his remarks.

i agree that Don Lemon USED to and can be be good when he is just doing straight forward news anchoring. He is usually quite good when doing breaking news. Handling multiple things happening with a nice easy and calm voice. But since he started doing his own show and has become opinionated, its not for me personally. I kinda feel bad for him because he is shooting himself in the foot and clearly he doesnt realise or maybe he does and doesnt understand that Licht is trying to uncouple CNN from the opinion train that derailed the channel and its position of trust it used to have. And it looks like he is taking lots of heat for this latest episode. Presenters are people too and allowed to have their own opinions, but they have no business behind an anchor desk. (except on FNC (LOL)

It's really hard to take him seriously at this point. The whole thing sounds like he's trolling on purpose. Maybe he thinks going viral will help the show?
[-] The following 3 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • matthieu1221, mouseboy33, TVFan