BBC One Nightlight

So that's why the network name is still called BSkyB, despite that name being dropped years ago?

(21-01-2023, 08:06 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  So that's why the network name is still called BSkyB, despite that name being dropped years ago?

Sounds like it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jimbo2022's post:
  • interestednovice

(21-01-2023, 08:06 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  So that's why the network name is still called BSkyB, despite that name being dropped years ago?

I suspect it's classic ain't broke/don't fix it, especially when it could impact devices that Sky would have no way to fix (when's the last time an SD box got an update). No one sees it except those who work in the industry or people who use 3rd party receivers.

the significance is probably in the rest of the data it sends though (after it passes through a so called "adaptation hub"), not so much the network name, but don't mess with what works

(amusingly there's a channel on 13E which must originate from 28.2 or at least from the same encoder - it is marked as BSkyB)
[-] The following 3 users Like i.h's post:
  • ASnep, bkman1990, interestednovice

Is it likely there will be bespoke continuity announcements for Nightlight? I know for HD there's usually announcements before local programming along the lines of "This week's Politics England comes from the North West, for local programming switch to BBC One HD.".

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(22-01-2023, 07:36 PM)Josh Wrote:  Is it likely there will be bespoke continuity announcements for Nightlight? I know for HD there's usually announcements before local programming along the lines of "This week's Politics England comes from the North West, for local programming switch to BBC One HD.".
I assumed it'll just be the current BBC1 HD but with a different slate,but yeah if it is they'll either have to have its own annos or come up with a wording that applies to both DTT and satellite

In the long term, when the HD regions launch on terrestrial of course it won't be so much of an issue.
[-] The following 2 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • Former Member 406, interestednovice

I noticed the WSS lines have gone at the top, not sure if this means anything though.

Looks like the Nightlight is now live.

"BBC One" for SD boxes in the South region and Northern Ireland.

BBC Two (for viewers in Scotland and England), BBC Three/CBBC and BBC News SD also switched to the nightlight feed on 12422 H.
[-] The following 4 users Like ASnep's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy, interestednovice, Jimbo2022

Bbc1 East Midlands now on air on

10818V SID 10374.
Started at 1540

All of the SD video feeds on 10788 V 23000 have fully switched off on this TP. Their temp video feeds for their area of the UK are now live over on the BBC Nightlight TP.

BBC One/Two Wales
BBC Parliament
BBC One West Midlands
BBC One Yorkshire & Lincolnshire
BBC One East Midlands
BBC One East
[-] The following 3 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • harshy, interestednovice, Jimbo2022

All the nightlight services have been duplicated on 10803 H
[-] The following 1 user Likes ASnep's post:
  • interestednovice