HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage

(08-09-2022, 07:41 PM)ALV Wrote:  
(08-09-2022, 07:32 PM)Renap Wrote:  Good reason why they should have went to B, could have turned off the newsroom and used a different screen setup.

I think Studio B is so brand new they haven't even prepared the obit running orders, graphic setups, and performed tons rehearsals, hence why they stayed in Studio E. 

I do hope they would use Studio C and the London nighttime backdrop though... I think it fits perfectly. What a shame they dropped it in replacement for a fake newsroom backdrop...
[Image: d1c77dc31f079bdaa43f66407bb976ad-png.jpg]
This would have also worked, as it turned the newsroom off. Sorry for the repetitive comments earlier.

twitter.com 

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

The ABC News Channel is now running its own coverage with ABC News Breakfast presenters starting early:

www.abc.net.au 

(08-09-2022, 07:26 PM)ASnep Wrote:  CNews in France already calling "King Charles III"

[Image: zbXNkoNh.jpg]

The Prime Minister did announce that title a while before

(08-09-2022, 07:40 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I do wish people would cease moaning about the lack of the use of Studio B at the BBC. It is rolling news, why shouldn't it come from what is ultimately the main studio. It's a 'newsroom'.

As mentioned earlier - it's unlikely enough rehearsals were done in B for it to run open-ended coverage. I'm sure the curtain will be unleashed as the coverage rolls on.... for days to come.

Studio B hasn't been used for rolling coverage, and might not have been designed or intended to be used for rolling news

Back to Studio B

This schedule has appeared on the ITV TV Guide

5-10pm ITV News
10pm ITV News at Ten
11.15pm The Queen Obituary
12:15am The End Of An Era - Queen Elizabeth II
(a 30 minute programme repeated all through the night)
6am Good Morning Britain
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • bilky asko

Channel 4 are continuing until 21:00 and then will be showing documentaries about The Queen until 1:00.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dvboy's post:
  • TWO ident

Clive Myrie has just come on air from studio B

Well those wanting to see studio B now get their wish for the first (of many) special programmes.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • Newsroom

[Image: c9edda31b78ee20d0c445c03e98ba0f7.png]