Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(27-03-2023, 12:28 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  
(27-03-2023, 11:48 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  Ah yes, Newswatch covered it a few times actually. It seems sending anchors to locations is not favourable with some of the audience. I seem to recall a similar complaint made about Reeta and Huw going to Scotland and Clive to Ukraine,

Complaints about sending Clive Myrie to Ukraine? Seriously? His coverage from there was second to none and he's won an RTS award for it. 
And has a "regional" presenter ever been used to present the 6 and 10? 

The phrase "nothing better to do" comes to mind re: the people who have made these kind of complaints.
Oh I agree. This complaint was over the BBC's choice to send him there to cover the one year anniversary. Some viewers have nothing better to do. Probably unaware of the achievements garnered from its coverage.
[-] The following 3 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • Kojak, Radio_man, UTVLifer

(27-03-2023, 01:12 PM)ALV Wrote:  The NC "accidentally" simulcasted the WN bulletin at 1300 rather than the NaO for some reason... Martine Croxall didn't realize it and said "Hello and Welcome to BBC World News", and there were also no BSL
[Image: f0a71b4b2d924b3c06e54e2c2674d16b.png]

Four minutes in, someone probably noticed the NC is taking the wrong studio feed, they switched from Studio C to Studio E and crashed into the NaO in the middle of a package, no acknowledgement from Jane Hill or whatsoever, it was super random and everyone acted like nothing has gone wrong...
[Image: 163b1bd6c704591a7f4327a179f5351b.png]

There was some hesitation at the top of the One with Jane as if unexpected things were happening in the gallery - this would probably explain why!

(27-03-2023, 01:38 PM)steve Wrote:  
(27-03-2023, 01:12 PM)ALV Wrote:  The NC "accidentally" simulcasted the WN bulletin at 1300 rather than the NaO for some reason... Martine Croxall didn't realize it and said "Hello and Welcome to BBC World News", and there were also no BSL
[Image: f0a71b4b2d924b3c06e54e2c2674d16b.png]

Four minutes in, someone probably noticed the NC is taking the wrong studio feed, they switched from Studio C to Studio E and crashed into the NaO in the middle of a package, no acknowledgement from Jane Hill or whatsoever, it was super random and everyone acted like nothing has gone wrong...
[Image: 163b1bd6c704591a7f4327a179f5351b.png]

There was some hesitation at the top of the One with Jane as if unexpected things were happening in the gallery - this would probably explain why!
I don’t know whether it’s related but before the bulletin the BBC One announcer namechecked Jane and Huw and the subtitles showed the newscast is due to begin with Huw in Edinburgh.

But as the One started, Jane read the headlines about the SNP leadership, and Huw joint her after the intro.

The News Special looks like it is being produced from BBC Scotland team (and therefore possibly the Reporting Scotland gallery), it used titles similar to the ones used by BBC Scotland during the pandemic.

On the News Channel, as the straps are being applied in Scotland, the NC graphics originally were just the flipper, but now is the full version with logo and clock, though that means should there be any form of story strap (breaking news, etc.), then the NC graphics will cover the bottom line of text.

World afternoon slot is Ben Boubos today from studio E. I really cannot understand so much duplication. World us taking snp announcement anyway.

But they have the wrong time for local time in Edinburgh. Scotland us not on CET!

(27-03-2023, 02:08 PM)Jimbo2022 Wrote:  World afternoon slot is Ben Boubos today from studio E. I really cannot understand so much duplication. World us taking snp announcement anyway.

But they have the wrong time for local time in Edinburgh. Scotland us not on CET!

I mean, technically Scotland is on CET at the moment as we're now in BST which is GMT+1. 

Not the best way of describing it perhaps, especially as Europe is now on CEST too!

(27-03-2023, 01:55 PM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  The News Special looks like it is being produced from BBC Scotland team (and therefore possibly the Reporting Scotland gallery), it used titles similar to the ones used by BBC Scotland during the pandemic.

On the News Channel, as the straps are being applied in Scotland, the NC graphics originally were just the flipper, but now is the full version with logo and clock, though that means should there be any form of story strap (breaking news, etc.), then the NC graphics will cover the bottom line of text.

Martin Geissler is very good isn't he - shame he's not used more across the UK (may well be his choice, I know!)
[-] The following 1 user Likes steve's post:
  • AJB39

(27-03-2023, 11:22 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Makes perfect sense to use regional talent that is more in sync with what's happening.

*Regional/National talent -  Scotland isn't a region.

(27-03-2023, 10:52 AM)Radio_man Wrote:  
(27-03-2023, 09:20 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  If the Radio Time is to believed then today's BBC News Special on the SNP Leadership contest on BBC One at 1.45 will be presented by Martin Geissler. Huw Edwards is also in Scotland and did trail the news special on last night's Ten, I'd assume he would present it.
It is a strange decision to have a presenter only known in Scotland to present this News Special that's going out across the UK, when the BBC's highest profile anchor Huw Edwards is already there.

If it was only going out in Scotland then fair enough, but if you're broadcasting to the UK then why not use your highest profile news anchor, who's already there, for a News Special like this?
Martin is not exactly unknown - he was one of ITN’s star reporters for many years, so he does have some national profile.
[-] The following 5 users Like Kojak's post:
  • AJB39, bilky asko, bkman1990, octothorpe, watchingtv

(27-03-2023, 04:56 PM)GMc Wrote:  
(27-03-2023, 11:22 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Makes perfect sense to use regional talent that is more in sync with what's happening.

*Regional/National talent -  Scotland isn't a region.

Sorry for that. Blush Of course I know Scotland is a country, part of the UK.  Not used to talking about these things here so I expressed myself the wrong way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ginnyfan's post:
  • GMc

Oh gosh, it's quite astonishing that the Mass shooting of children (9yrs and under) by a woman has not made to the top stories on the 'Ten'. It's a huge story. Usually so because of the age of the victims. It's also huge because a woman committed the atrocity.

They went with

1. SNP
2. Israel
3. Harry

As an avid watcher of the BBC NAT - since Paul Royall left to take care of the new BBC News service - its pots and pans. A terrible choice of running order tonight.
[-] The following 4 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, thePineapple, UTVLifer
Thread Closed