HM Queen Elizabeth Dies & Funeral Coverage

Chris Fawkes managing to demonstrate that even the weather can make a simple slip up during an obit, referring to a weather picture of the clock tower at Westminster as "St Stephen's Tower". A shame it was renamed as the Elizabeth Tower 10 years ago (which was probably the reason the producer chose said image)

(12-09-2022, 07:27 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  I note that the BBC One HD channel switch slide is back in action at the moment - is this the first time since the Queen's death was announced?

Last night after the Ten was the first time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Frances's post:
  • bilky asko

(12-09-2022, 07:27 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  I note that the BBC One HD channel switch slide is back in action at the moment - is this the first time since the Queen's death was announced?

The NC and WN opted out from the NaS at around 1858 to Ros Atkins in Studio E, so it's better for One HD to put up the switch slide rather than crash into the NC feed...

ITV Evening News had a story interviewing Andrew Marr, on Her Majesty and Scotland.

But that part seemed like having an interlacing problem - did they mistakenly set that segment as bottom field first?

Video in 50FPS as seen on TV:

[Image: 1663008913_203772683.mp4]

(12-09-2022, 07:50 PM)ALV Wrote:  

The NC and WN opted out from the NaS at around 1858 to Ros Atkins in Studio E, so it's better for One HD to put up the switch slide rather than crash into the NC feed...
Since Friday they crashed into that slide during every evening regional slot, then suddenly left for continuity…

But why does it always repeat the last second of the programme before entering the slide?

Has anyone captured the weather sting on ITV?

That was quite a moment where the news let the pictures do the talking and they stayed silent throughout the Vigil. This was on the ITV Evening News but I expect it was the same on the BBC
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew's post:
  • chevron, Ma76, TWO ident

There’s a live stream of the lying in state on the Red Button with no commentary.

(12-09-2022, 08:10 PM)Andrew Wrote:  That was quite a moment where the news let the pictures do the talking and they stayed silent throughout the Vigil. This was on the ITV Evening News but I expect it was the same on the BBC

It was indeed, and was all the more powerful for it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes steve's post:
  • chevron

There is a special edition of the Andrew Neil Show on Channel Four right now in a purpose built royal studio. Looks very nice.

Find me on Twitter: @alfiejmulcahy
[-] The following 1 user Likes alfiejmulcahy's post:
  • TWO ident

(12-09-2022, 08:10 PM)Andrew Wrote:  That was quite a moment where the news let the pictures do the talking and they stayed silent throughout the Vigil. This was on the ITV Evening News but I expect it was the same on the BBC

Yep, it got the same treatment on BBC. A rare TV moment