Thread Closed

This Morning

(14-05-2023, 09:07 PM)Kojak Wrote:  It struck me that Joe Lycett had a spokesperson announce he had a dose of the old Mandy Dingles at tonight's BAFTAs. Of course there's no evidence for this but it's worth noting, I think.

"According to my PA, I have shingles" was the exact phrasing, which I took as a nod to the goings on in the papers. He made a joke in a similar fashion relating to Schofield's on-screen absence in an to episode of Late Night Lycett a few weeks back.

And no, Otis Crump, I'm not providing evidence. Go watch it on catch up.
[-] The following 2 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • bilky asko, Kojak

Is it just me, or Is anyone else getting a sense of déjà vu here? Look what I found from December 2019:

Quote:Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby have told Radio 1 Newsbeat there's no rift between them.

It follows claims their relationship as co-hosts of This Morning has become strained recently.

But speaking at the launch of ITV's Dancing on Ice 2020, Holly said it would be "impossible" to do the job "without getting along".

And Phil said anyone who suggested they'd fallen out "was mistaken".
www.bbc.co.uk 

A drone has apparently been spotted at Gatwick airport too.

If a whale appears in the Thames, something strange is going on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nobby's post:
  • bilky asko

(14-05-2023, 09:12 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  
(14-05-2023, 09:07 PM)Kojak Wrote:  It struck me that Joe Lycett had a spokesperson announce he had a dose of the old Mandy Dingles at tonight's BAFTAs. Of course there's no evidence for this but it's worth noting, I think.

"According to my PA, I have shingles" was the exact phrasing, which I took as a nod to the goings on in the papers. He made a joke in a similar fashion relating to Schofield's on-screen absence in an to episode of Late Night Lycett a few weeks back.

And no, Otis Crump, I'm not providing evidence. Go watch it on catch up.

I saw the abusive message you directed at me and immediately deleted. Let's just conduct ourselves with civility, yes?

(14-05-2023, 06:48 PM)Otis Crump Wrote:  
(14-05-2023, 06:41 PM)Alessi Wrote:  I think people are conflating two different things here. Yes, there are the ridiculous clickbait articles, but despite what people say about tabloids, traditional print or primary digital editions of tabloids do tend to have properly sourced stories and follow the same journalistic rules of any newspaper. Just because something is written in a tabloid style doesn't mean it isn't true.

There are so very many examples of this absolutely not being the case, the thought of attempting to list them exhausts me.

That is akin to putting your fingers in your ears if you don't like the sound of something.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alessi's post:
  • Kojak

(14-05-2023, 10:13 PM)Alessi Wrote:  
(14-05-2023, 06:48 PM)Otis Crump Wrote:  There are so very many examples of this absolutely not being the case, the thought of attempting to list them exhausts me.

That is akin to putting your fingers in your ears if you don't like the sound of something.

It really isn't. It's akin to demanding evidence over rumour and innuendo. It's about having higher standards.

No need to panic. Business as usual for Holly and Phil today.
[-] The following 3 users Like JasonB's post:
  • DeMarkay, Jayesyn, UTVLifer

This all feels like a repeat of the Caroline Flack saga, largely led by the same people in the media - then jumped on by those on social media who will preach #BeKind but join in the baiting.
[-] The following 9 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, DeMarkay, eyeTV, Gary Baldy, Jayesyn, London Lite, Nobby, Otis Crump, Stooky Bill

The producers know what they are doing starting with a music performance so Holly and Phil don't need to make small talk.

And it didn't end well for her, RIP.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • DeMarkay
Thread Closed