GB News

They wouldn't know what to do if Harry and Meghan claimed Schofield had been horrible to them in an interview.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • GMc, Johnnie, Jon, W1ll

Looks like Phillip has added a few more weeks fuel to the fire of Dan and GB News by now arranging to have some interviews with The Sun and BBC (strange combination!)

Dan will be setting his alarm clock for 06:00:00 on the dot tomorrow when the BBC interview is released on iPlayer!

Looking at this through a PR perspective, any PR would advise keeping your head down and let things cool down before giving interviews, rather than extend the news cycle.

Well Phillip doesn't have good PR anymore since his management dropped him, this is a sure sign that these interviews are done by his choice alone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • Jeff

(01-06-2023, 10:24 PM)Johnr Wrote:  Looks like Phillip has added a few more weeks fuel to the fire of Dan and GB News by now arranging to have some interviews with The Sun and BBC (strange combination!)

Dan will be setting his alarm clock for 06:00:00 on the dot tomorrow when the BBC interview is released on iPlayer!
And then have plenty to say on it - and then say he never watches the BBC and they're untrustworthy MSM anyway. Suspect that is why he has also done an interview with The Sun.

(01-06-2023, 10:34 PM)Omnipresent Wrote:  Looking at this through a PR perspective, any PR would advise keeping your head down and let things cool down before giving interviews, rather than extend the news cycle.
I think in this case the cycle wasn't ending - he needs his version of events out there rather than Dan Woottan and Eamonn Holmes controlling the narrative. Saying nothing was just extending the cycle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy

(02-06-2023, 07:38 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  And then have plenty to say on it - and then say he never watches the BBC and they're untrustworthy MSM anyway. Suspect that is why he has also done an interview with The Sun.

I think in this case the cycle wasn't ending - he needs his version of events out there rather than Dan Woottan and Eamonn Holmes controlling the narrative. Saying nothing was just extending the cycle.
I'd like to think that both Dan and GB News management take note of Philip Scofield saying that he "thinks he knows how Caroline Flack felt", "do you want to see me dead?" and that if it wasn't for his daughters he probably would be. One of the contributors to Dan's show had already made that comparison on air, seemingly much to Dan's discomfort.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Keith's post:
  • DeMarkay, Gibsy

Dan and Eamonn are both vile with their witchunt on Scofield. We already knew Dan was a tabloid hag but Holmes also showed his true colours.

We can talk about the downfall of Phillip's career but spare a thought for Eamonn Holmes who hasn't done that better, ending as a bitter hating talking head on a dump of the UK news media.
[-] The following 7 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • Adsales, AndrewP, Brekkie, GMc, IanJRedman, matthieu1221, Spencer

Yeah I think it’s obvious Philip has done wrong, everyone has got to leave off him, he looks in a very bad way, I wouldn’t want any human being to be going through this.
[-] The following 2 users Like harshy's post:
  • Alf Stewart, DeMarkay

(02-06-2023, 11:00 AM)harshy Wrote:  Yeah I think it’s obvious Philip has done wrong, everyone has got to leave off him, he looks in a very bad way, I wouldn’t want any human being to be going through this.

It's the very people who will bemoan how Caroline Flack was hounded to death by the media and tell people to be kind who are now leading this brigade against Schofield. They're both people who have done evidently bad things, but they don't deserve to be driven to the point Flack was driven to and I fear history is repeating itself with how people are behaving over this.
[-] The following 2 users Like strollfan's post:
  • benzj, CocuGrimshaw2001

But didn't Dan keep on saying this isn;t about Phillip's career and more about ITV it's self?

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread