CITV is to close

The stream has now been deleted from itvx

Same promo loop is running on the satellite feed (via manual tuning). Interestingly the EPG says the current program is "This is Live 360".

I assume the bug is back on for identification purposes.
[-] The following 6 users Like frasergj's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, itvblocks, LouBlu08, Ma76, SunburntRock89

(01-09-2023, 09:00 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Well that was underwhelming, the closure of CITV.
We weren't expecting nothing else nothing more, I think
[-] The following 5 users Like Kunst's post:
  • bkman1990, DavidV, interestednovice, itvblocks, Ma76

(01-09-2023, 09:07 PM)frasergj Wrote:  Same promo loop is running on the satellite feed (via manual tuning). Interestingly the EPG says the current program is "This is Live 360".

I assume the bug is back on for identification purposes.

The bug is there as the channel's been on autopilot for ages.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LouBlu08's post:
  • bkman1990

On Virgin it is just the standard channel off air screen till 6am which is when the channel closed screen should kick in.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bennyboy84's post:
  • bkman1990, itvblocks

(01-09-2023, 09:32 PM)LouBlu08 Wrote:  The bug is there as the channel's been on autopilot for ages.

Playout doesn't work that way, especially not Morpheus (the system used by ITV Pres/Red Bee). There is no autopilot feature.

There will be a running playlist with the loop in it, and the bug will have been commanded to come on by either a graphic event in that playlist or by an operator manually turning it on.

I can't think of a reason why they've turned it on though. I wouldn't have thought it's for identification as the output is clearly CITV's.

Is it so kids that might tune in and see it realise it is CITV?

I don’t know, no idea.
[-] The following 1 user Likes interestednovice's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

(01-09-2023, 10:23 PM)Orry Verducci Wrote:  There will be a running playlist with the loop in it, and the bug will have been commanded to come on by either a graphic event in that playlist or by an operator manually turning it on.

I can't think of a reason why they've turned it on though. I wouldn't have thought it's for identification as the output is clearly CITV's.
That's what I was thinking as the bug didn't appear under after 9pm (after the off-air screen was up on Sky) and a few loops through the promo. So either set to come on late or commanded manually.

Can't think of a reason to have it up apart from identification or something else technical.
[-] The following 1 user Likes frasergj's post:

I presume some remember this? CITV started 1973 but it's predecessor was Watch it!

29 December 2980 to end if 1982

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jimbo2022's post:

(01-09-2023, 10:23 PM)Orry Verducci Wrote:  Playout doesn't work that way, especially not Morpheus (the system used by ITV Pres/Red Bee). There is no autopilot feature.

There will be a running playlist with the loop in it, and the bug will have been commanded to come on by either a graphic event in that playlist or by an operator manually turning it on.

Ah, thanks. I really don't know a lot about how playout works.