(13-10-2022, 12:10 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  The new morning show will be named “CNN This Morning” and launch November 1. Had a strong feeling this would be the name since CBS no longer uses “CBS This Morning” (also a Licht brainchild). Will launch before the new set is ready.

twitter.com 
Am trying to work out just where the set will
Be built while New Day is still on air, and when the new show starts. It would be ridiculous to start it using that New Day set which is quite expansive. 

Neither Zain Asher or Richard Quest have used it got their shows since Covid hit and IMO it’s a total waste of space for Kate Boulduan’s one hour show. Maybe they’ll decamp to the A360 set which can be adapted for any programming.

(13-10-2022, 12:10 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  The new morning show will be named “CNN This Morning” and launch November 1. Had a strong feeling this would be the name since CBS no longer uses “CBS This Morning” (also a Licht brainchild). Will launch before the new set is ready.

twitter.com 

This honestly sounds great as far as content goes. It sounds like they're going to use a similar formula as what CBS did a decade ago. I'm guessing it will be a lot of in-depth, well-crafted news of the day pieces from reporters followed by a debrief with the anchors, as well as some focused interviews with specific newsworthy guests (rather than free-flowing opinion panels.)

Hopefully, the permanent set will be nice. I always thought the New Day set was a poor knockoff of the original CBS This Morning set. CNN has recently adopted the unsightly trend from MSNBC of using fake virtual sets projected onto seamless video walls. I can't help but think it looks so cheap, especially when Jake Tapper was interviewing Marcon in the DC studio a few weeks ago.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Charles's post:
  • EastCoast

(13-10-2022, 07:36 AM)Charles Wrote:  

twitter.com 

This honestly sounds great as far as content goes. It sounds like they're going to use a similar formula as what CBS did a decade ago. I'm guessing it will be a lot of in-depth, well-crafted news of the day pieces from reporters followed by a debrief with the anchors, as well as some focused interviews with specific newsworthy guests (rather than free-flowing opinion panels.)

Hopefully, the permanent set will be nice. I always thought the New Day set was a poor knockoff of the original CBS This Morning set. CNN has recently adopted the unsightly trend from MSNBC of using fake virtual sets projected onto seamless video walls. I can't help but think it looks so cheap, especially when Jake Tapper was interviewing Marcon in the DC studio a few weeks ago.

Ahhh, actually Tapper interviewed Macron in the Studio 19L at Hudson Yards in New York, the same set used for A360. It's pretty huge as seen when used during the Elections and very versatile with that you can do with it. The desk also expands to sit as many as people as they need. It would suit CNN This Morning until they've demolished the hideous New Day set up with all its brick walls... 

www.newscaststudio.com 

(13-10-2022, 06:57 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  Am trying to work out just where the set will
Be built while New Day is still on air, and when the new show starts. It would be ridiculous to start it using that New Day set which is quite expansive. 
The article mentions a 11/1 launch date and that the set won’t be ready. My guess is they launch in Studio 19Z (Don Lemon’s old set). Recently they’ve removed some metal trim on the video wall behind Erin Burnett’s homebase.

It makes sense that they would gut the New Day set and build a new one in Studio 19Y. The town hall studio, Studio 19X, is also a worthwhile contenedor for the new morning show set considering it’s pretty much unused. Hopefully the upcoming game of musical studios includes a permanent home for Zain, Richard, and Julia.

(13-10-2022, 11:38 AM)EastCoast Wrote:  
(13-10-2022, 06:57 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  Am trying to work out just where the set will
The article mentions a 11/1 launch date and that the set won’t be ready. My guess is they launch in Studio 19Z (Don Lemon’s old set). Recently they’ve removed some metal trim on the video wall behind Erin Burnett’s homebase.

It makes sense that they would gut the New Day set and build a new one in Studio 19Y. The town hall studio, Studio 19X, is also a worthwhile contenedor for the new morning show set considering it’s pretty much unused. Hopefully the upcoming game of musical studios includes a permanent home for Zain, Richard, and Julia.

Very true, they could use 19Z. It's not in use until the evenings or when Fareed is pre-recording. Also has a huge amount of space as seen in another Newscastudio link below.

www.newscaststudio.com 

As the available studios are all just a few years old and screen-heavy, they should be able to make CNN This Morning look decent in its temporary digs.

The only thing I'd say is that what they're promising doesn't sound particularly different, either compared with New Day or many other morning shows. News rather than opinion with reports from around the world has pretty much always been CNN's approach to mornings - the short-lived Starting Point is the only exception I can think of.

If news reporting is their main selling point, they're going to need to package that up in a unique way if they're going to succeed where past CNN morning shows have failed. As things stand, it feels like they're just bringing the CBS/ABC 3-presenter format to CNN's long-standing editorial approach in the morning.

Hopefully that won't be the case though, though. And the people running CNN have got a fantastic track record in morning TV - so, if anyone can pull it off, it's them.

Fun things, CNN international using this name late 90's.

[Image: c1be5a59b188535e4fddba659ed7130d.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like wetsom's post:
  • ginnyfan, Talkover

(14-10-2022, 07:33 PM)wetsom Wrote:  Fun things, CNN international using this name late 90's.

[Image: c1be5a59b188535e4fddba659ed7130d.png]

In my opinion, one of the best programmes CNNI has ever produced!

Looks like there is a new desk in the Newsroom. Only caught a glimpse at the end of Victor Blackwell’s hours but will look more closely during Early Start tomorrow.

@Newsroom is right, something is definitely up at CNN New York. Early Start and CNN Newsroom appear to have decamped from Studio 17N and are in front of a curved screen with virtual set extensions and Brian Stelter’s old Reliable Sources Daily desk. 

[Image: 9958DE4A-A32F-4940-875E-3D24EC1DE94B.png]
[Image: E3EBE895-63EA-4630-92CA-C189A52EB37F.png]
[Image: D3F324BF-B9E4-4985-9678-8EF65C5A2DD4.png]
[Image: DF5FC397-8C89-44F5-83F5-CDB1CEEFAC22.png]
[Image: 319E505B-5CAF-4738-84C7-08680899F028.png]
The shape of the desk works so much better, and is a lot closer to the original desk in the 5th Floor Newsroom set at Time Warner Center. No clue as to what studio they are in, if they’re working on Studio 17N, and if it’s temporary or permanent. Seems very odd to move shows from the smallest studio when you’re two weeks from launching a new morning show without a permanent set. Either way, I think it works and most viewers won’t notice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • Newsroom