Newsroom Movers and Shakers

Alastair Stewart, Newscasting Legend:

x.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • bkman1990, Michael 18, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

Following spells in Brussels and Washington, Jessica Parker is now back in Blighty and back on her old Westminster beat

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scratch_Perry's post:
  • UTVLifer

(08-09-2023, 05:30 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Alastair Stewart, Newscasting Legend:

x.com 

I think this will probably be more emotional that you might expect…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pips2022's post:
  • JamesWorldNews

(09-09-2023, 01:04 AM)Pips2022 Wrote:  I think this will probably be more emotional that you might expect…
I do believe you’re right.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesWorldNews's post:
  • UTVLifer

BBC Presenter/Correspondent appointment:

Catherine Byaruhanga

x.com 
[-] The following 7 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, News76, oscillon, Rolling News, thePineapple, UTVLifer

So that's 2 of the Presenter/Correspondent posts filled (with Nancy Kacungira having the other post.)

(09-09-2023, 06:19 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  BBC Presenter/Correspondent appointment:

Catherine Byaruhanga

x.com 
So that’s 2 confirmed (Nancy K being the other). Is Rajini Vaidyanathan another?

(09-09-2023, 06:19 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  BBC Presenter/Correspondent appointment:

Catherine Byaruhanga

x.com 

Glad they are finally filling more of these positions. I watched a bulletin with her earlier and she seemed understandably quite nervous but hopefully the nerves will go with a few shifts under her belt.
[-] The following 2 users Like AJB39's post:
  • Brekkie, thePineapple

(09-09-2023, 09:07 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  Glad they are finally filling more of these positions. I watched a bulletin with her earlier and she seemed understandably quite nervous but hopefully the nerves will go with a few shifts under her belt.

Yeah she needs to loosen up and smile more but I’m sure she’ll be fine eventually.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AJB39, UTVLifer

Has she presented before on BBC World? I don't remember seeing her. Undecided