Channel 4 News

I saw the profile picture and then I saw the picture and was quite confused/taken back for a few moments.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • bkman1990, Michael 18, Roger Darthwell

No Liam Dutton on the weather, how often is the weather out of vision, and surely there can be somebody else to do it in vision

(18-09-2023, 08:14 PM)Superman1986 Wrote:  No Liam Dutton on the weather, how often is the weather out of vision, and surely there can be somebody else to do it in vision

I think they only have Liam and so when he is on leave for any reason they revert to a pre-written script from their data supplier.
[-] The following 1 user Likes m_in_m's post:
  • Superman1986

Channel 4 News repeatedly dropping to black and silence this evening during both studio segments and VTs - Jackie Long (presenting from Leeds) has apologised; and the 4 bug is remaining on screen, so I'm guessing they're having an issue or two at ITN.
[-] The following 2 users Like thegeek's post:
  • conrad73, Nobby

(19-09-2023, 01:27 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  I think they only have Liam and so when he is on leave for any reason they revert to a pre-written script from their data supplier.

Has anyone else ever presented the C4 weather in vision other than Liam? I’m sure before he started, it was only ever read OOV by the presenter of C4 News.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spencer's post:
  • Superman1986

(09-02-2024, 10:16 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Has anyone else ever presented the C4 weather in vision other than Liam? I’m sure before he started, it was only ever read OOV by the presenter of C4 News.

No, the newsreader reads the weather on the lunchtime summary & the weekend news

(09-02-2024, 10:16 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Has anyone else ever presented the C4 weather in vision other than Liam? I’m sure before he started, it was only ever read OOV by the presenter of C4 News.
He's their first and (to date) only ever in vision weather presenter. They only do one a day after the news, so I presume it's his 'side hustle'. Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • Spencer, Superman1986

(09-02-2024, 08:51 PM)thegeek Wrote:  Channel 4 News repeatedly dropping to black and silence this evening during both studio segments and VTs - Jackie Long (presenting from Leeds) has apologised; and the 4 bug is remaining on screen, so I'm guessing they're having an issue or two at ITN.

A friend at ITN has told me this was due to a problem with the IP at Leeds. Not ideal.

(09-02-2024, 10:50 PM)conrad73 Wrote:  A friend at ITN has told me this was due to a problem with the IP at Leeds. Not ideal.

I'm not sure what your friend has told you, but the programme was clean leaving GIR and the fault lay somewhere between GIR and Redbee.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bluecortina's post:
  • bilky asko, London Lite

(10-02-2024, 03:24 PM)Bluecortina Wrote:  I'm not sure what your friend has told you, but the programme was clean leaving GIR and the fault lay somewhere between GIR and Redbee.

I simply relayed what I was told. It's great you've been able to lay out exactly what happened.

I'm the NKOTB here and shall refrain from 'relaying' things from mates in the industry. Lesson learned.

Cheers.