Top of the Pops

Here's the skipped Gary Olsen show:

we.tl 
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • Happy2001

Here's the Song For Europe TOTP special that was shown between last night's BBC4 episodes:

we.tl 

Does feel like a bit of a strange thing really, especially being packaged as a TOTP episode (though as the credits, show, with a different production team), particularly as it was just performances of the songs, no voting, that was done with Terry the following week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • Happy2001

I remember Yorkshire Television putting the Ali Campbell video we saw on last night's first episode one weekend during a gap in the schedule. I can't remember if there'd been a fault with another programme or something had ended early or something else, but it's the only time I remember them doing something like that.

(11-11-2023, 12:15 PM)James2001 Wrote:  I remember Yorkshire Television putting the Ali Campbell video we saw on last night's first episode one weekend during a gap in the schedule. I can't remember if there'd been a fault with another programme or something had ended early or something else, but it's the only time I remember them doing something like that.

I remember that as it aired in the Tyne Tees area- a Rugby World Cup/football match had overran, so there was no time for the Warner Bros filler cartoon to follow.

To fill the gap, the video of That Look In Your Eye aired, and Bill Steel made the announcement at the end.

(25-12-2022, 10:41 AM)Keith Wrote:  It'll be interesting to see if this year's programme returns next year under a Radio 1 or BBC Sounds programme title name though.

In the end it returned last week still on BBC Two but at a earlier time of 6:30pm on the 28th December:
www.bbc.co.uk 

Four Steve Wright episodes being shown tomorrow in tribute.

7/2/1980
13/12/1984
13/2/1986
5/10/1989

Looks like they've finally found a way to edit out Gary Glitter of the 1984 episode, the 1986 one was already scheduled anyway, the others his first and last editions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Division2023's post:
  • Happy2001

Are these being shown instead of the 1995 editions or as well as?

Looking at the schedule it’s instead of.

www.bbc.co.uk 

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes VMPhil's post:
  • Michael 18

(15-02-2024, 07:03 PM)Division2023 Wrote:  Four Steve Wright episodes being shown tomorrow in tribute.

7/2/1980
13/12/1984
13/2/1986
5/10/1989

Looks like they've finally found a way to edit out Gary Glitter of the 1984 episode, the 1986 one was already scheduled anyway, the others his first and last editions.

I don't normally watch the re-repeats but a) will for Steve and b) wanna see exactly how they did edit Glitter out - I seem to remember a bunch of us on the blue place had attempts and they were all terrible.

(16-02-2024, 12:31 AM)TIGHazard Wrote:  I don't normally watch the re-repeats but a) will for Steve and b) wanna see exactly how they did edit Glitter out - I seem to remember a bunch of us on the blue place had attempts and they were all terrible.

Out of interest, why is this specific GG performance so difficult to edit out?