ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards

Quite a few on twitter even commenting about the lack of changes to the look of the show.
And here's us lot thinking it's only members here who cares about such stuff
[-] The following 5 users Like tomo359's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, DeMarkay, Owen A, Spencer

Capture for those who haven't seen:
youtu.be 
[-] The following 4 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • AndrewP, Rolling News, scottishtv, UTVLifer

I'm not sure why people are moaning, I don't think they debuted new sets for Holly and Phil when they launched.

I think a bigger refresh will come later in the year.
[-] The following 2 users Like XIII's post:
  • DJ Dave, JosiahStuart

(11-03-2024, 12:42 PM)XIII Wrote:  I'm not sure why people are moaning, I don't think they debuted new sets for Holly and Phil when they launched.

They changed the look in 2009, with some time starting with Eamonn and Ruth and then Holly and Phil's debut. So effectively a new set (more the titles, logo and music) was launched for them.

Now a Daily Mail article dedicated to the lack of change

This Morning viewers all have the same complaint about Cat and Ben
www.dailymail.co.uk 

Shock as This Morning makes a MAJOR change which INFURIATES ITV viewers as they all have the SAME complaint about NEW presenters
[-] The following 4 users Like ACTV's post:
  • AndrewP, DE88, fatal paper cut, Josh

Cat seemed a bit nervous and a tad hyper but I thought she and Ben were fine.

(11-03-2024, 12:42 PM)XIII Wrote:  I'm not sure why people are moaning, I don't think they debuted new sets for Holly and Phil when they launched.

They did, but back then such shows refreshed every 2-3 years as standard anyway. That seems to have vanished across the industry now.

Is a bit underwhelming - even if they moved away from the teal and just refreshed the colour scheme and changed the sofa colour it would feel fresher.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • UTVLifer

(11-03-2024, 12:20 PM)tomo359 Wrote:  Quite a few on twitter even commenting about the lack of changes to the look of the show.
And here's us lot thinking it's only members here who cares about such stuff

Same people on Twitter would be complaining they don’t like the new look and they are switching off, had there been a change

And the papers would have run a dramatic clickbait story whatever happened

Just wait until they realise Loose Women has been AXED tomorrow and Saturday Night Takeaway has been REPLACED in a major shake up next weekend
[-] The following 8 users Like Andrew's post:
  • ACTV, AndrewP, Ash101, Brekkie, DE88, DeMarkay, eyeTV, SB678

(09-03-2024, 04:36 PM)freeview87 Wrote:  I suspect we'll have to wait until September for any major change. Best not to dramatically change a brand.

If we do get a a full rebrand in September, then they should consider bringing back the 1994-2009 "Saxophone" theme. I might be in the minority but I prefer that to the present theme that they've got

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like HarveyB's post:
  • DJ Dave, RDJ, W1ll