Hits Radio Rebrand Rollout

(17-04-2024, 09:08 PM)mixchris Wrote:  I watched the advert on their website this morning, and it doesn't promote the radio station really. Even Global's adverts for Smooth, Heart and Capital are better, even the GHR advert is better than the mess that is Hits Radio TVC.

Looks like some concoction that The Apprentice contestants come out with, when you have to do two years worth of real-life work in about 7 hours.

(17-04-2024, 09:22 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Looks like some concoction that The Apprentice contestants come out with, when you have to do two years worth of real-life work in about 7 hours.
They look cheap, thrown together and more than a little bit irritating due to the direction.

They contain nothing that would capture the imagination of potential new listeners.

You can view some of the outdoor activations here: radiotoday.co.uk 

The GHR House of Greatest Hits campaign was excellent by comparison.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jonny's post:
  • Brekkie

(17-04-2024, 11:22 AM)BBI45 Wrote:  The first batch of output I've recorded is now available here
Thanks for sharing these! As an aside, I'd not heard the (unchanged) West FM breakfast show opener before. Wow, talk about high-pitched!

up.metropol247.co.uk 

The reaction to the changes in Cornwall on Pirate FMs Facebook page (and yes it's still called Pirate FM) are a mixture of confusion, negative comments and those who don't have DAB in their cars.

As predicted there's a lot of comments from people who want to listen to their familar breakfast show and have been told that it's staying but all they got was 'some boring bloke' (and he is, I'm really surprised he's still on breakfast 5 years on). The whole FM/DAB split was really badly communicated

Lots of people commenting they're going to Heart or Radio 2. There's a few people saying they have DAB but lose Hits on their commute in certain areaa when FM is fine

All a bit of a mess on day one. It'll be interesting to see how the ratings go, but as they're both networks the figures for the local versions will be a bit vague. I suspect the fuss will die down and people will forget Pirate in the long term as happens everywhere else

(17-04-2024, 10:52 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  All a bit of a mess on day one. It'll be interesting to see how the ratings go, but as they're both networks the figures for the local versions will be a bit vague. I suspect the fuss will die down and people will forget Pirate in the long term as happens everywhere else

I should think Bauer will congratulate themselves on achieving their “best ever listening figures” for Hits Radio the next time RAJAR announce their quarterly listening figures.

I do truly find it hard to believe that millions of people listen to the same dross day in, day out. I only listen to Hits Tessside (TFM) for 20 mins in the morning on the way to work and the same on way back home, and can pretty much guarantee either Pink, Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift or Beyonce or some obscure 90’s RnB track which is played every single day will be on during that time.

I know everyone bangs on saying there’s plenty of choice via Internet & Streaming, but in the car, when you just want to flick through the stations, they are all the same. Hardly any choice, especially in the North East. Apart from Sun FM, which is shortly due to change to Nation Radio, and the local BBC stations and a couple of smaller local community stations, we don’t have a local commercial station as such. Really poor going for such a large region. I don’t want to just listen to music from the last 10 years, or only songs from 70’s - 90’s. I like a mixture of all genres and decades. I don’t understand why radio groups do not understand there is a market for this? 🙄

(17-04-2024, 11:10 PM)mrarg1393 Wrote:  I should think Bauer will congratulate themselves on achieving their “best ever listening figures” for Hits Radio the next time RAJAR announce their quarterly listening figures.

I do truly find it hard to believe that millions of people listen to the same dross day in, day out. I only listen to Hits Tessside (TFM) for 20 mins in the morning on the way to work and the same on way back home, and can pretty much guarantee either Pink, Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift or Beyonce or some obscure 90’s RnB track which is played every single day will be on during that time.

I know everyone bangs on saying there’s plenty of choice via Internet & Streaming, but in the car, when you just want to flick through the stations, they are all the same. Hardly any choice, especially in the North East. Apart from Sun FM, which is shortly due to change to Nation Radio, and the local BBC stations and a couple of smaller local community stations, we don’t have a local commercial station as such. Really poor going for such a large region. I don’t want to just listen to music from the last 10 years, or only songs from 70’s - 90’s. I like a mixture of all genres and decades. I don’t understand why radio groups do not understand there is a market for this? 🙄

Nation Radio is awful, we have it here in Suffolk. The choice of music on radio has certainly decreased since the quasi-nationalisation from Global & Bauer in particular.

Heart when it replaced The One Network didn't have a bad offering of music at the time, now it's the same music on rotation, I'm sure if I did listen I'll no doubt hear Flo Rida, Usher, Little Mix, CeCe Peniston and Candi Station (You've Got The Love).

GHR only plays music from three decades, so when it replaced the likes of Wave and Pirate on FM, it didn't match what listeners were used to. Have to say, the roll out of 'Hits' has been too long to say the least but can understand why they might've been reluctant to replace heritage names as quick as GHR did.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mixchris's post:
  • mrarg1393

I do hope the main image on this article is a simulation, and they haven't actually got 'Let's Turn It Up Leeds' above the Newcastle Central Motorway.
radiotoday.co.uk 
[-] The following 4 users Like Spencer's post:
  • AndrewP, bilky asko, callumwatchestelly, Jonny

A planning permission application has been submitted to change the signage on the Radio City Tower, which has been the same since City moved there in the year 2000.

It will be a shame especially as they usually dim everything except 97 (previously 96) on 15th April to commemorate the Hillsborough victims.

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk 

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

Who says the frequency won't be on the new sign? The frequencies aren't in the national marketing because they're different in each area, but there's no reason not to advertise them locally, like on that sign.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • BBI45

Special thanks again goes to JamJam DX for making another excellent compilation of the various City stations re-branding to Hits Radio at 6 am yesterday:

www.youtube.com