BBC Two Pres: 2021 - Present

BBC Two NI on the other hand from what I've heard used the giants causeway ident (pre 9/11) at 6pm, not sure for Wales though
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tola's post:
  • Happy2001

I'd prefer the classic idents. The BBC doesn't seem to pull them out much anymore, in fact I'm pretty sure they've stopped updating their own Motion Graphics Archive website a while ago. There are still quite a few idents missing from there (i.e. all Chameleon idents, most of the 2002 CBBC idents, nearly all of the BBC Two Window to the World idents, etc).

Meanwhile, Northern Ireland got the Giant's Causeway ident going into The Championship. Once again it's the unused version (that is, the version that wasn't used when the 2001 set first aired. This ident in particular had to be toned down because of the 9/11 attacks iirc). www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like Chad Blake's post:
  • AndrewP, Happy2001, insert_good_username_here, Stuart

Wales are playing out different classic symbols compared to England, or, in the case of the 7.55pm junction, the stretchy-vision version.

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew Wood's post:
  • Happy2001

(20-04-2024, 06:35 PM)Jonny Wrote:  Oh, I see we're going for old showings of classic idents with overly large Subtitles tag.

Shame, it wouldn't have taken much imagination nor budget to have done something creative with the curve that referenced the past.

Dave Jeffery made a rather splendid late 70s style curve ident which you can see if you search for his YouTube channel (if I’m allowed to make reference to a mock on here).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spencer's post:
  • Jonny

Northern Ireland played the Sunroof Ident during the 8:15pm junction, with the logo at the start and Dave Jeffery's 1964 Ident before the main show.

Let's hope they put the idents away this time rather than using a major anniversary as an excuse to use them for the next few years.

Shame we've not had any new curve idents for a while - think BBC2 overdue a new Christmas set really.
[-] The following 9 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, ethanjbrady, fanoftv, insert_good_username_here, interestednovice, JamieD, swaggyboi128, Tola, UTVLifer

There was a BBC Two NI ident with wheels underneath the Physical '2' when the World Snooker Highlights begun on BBC Two NI.

Although the BBC Two ident for Snooker Extra was one of the near Visual 2 idents that was from BBC Two Network with London Continuity. It was the one that featured the parts from the motor cars. The name of it escapes me at the minute.

Al Dupres dug out Dave Jeffery’s =2= recreation for a smooth opt into the snooker this morning, following Politics Wales.

x.com 

And for the sake of being retro, a 1993 example with Daloni Roberts on duty (cc. Neil Miles)

youtu.be 
[-] The following 3 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • AndrewP, Happy2001, TVFan

All 3 regions used the 1986 ident into The Office. Network using the Christmas 1987 jingle just like the 80's night and afternoon classics.

You'd have thought for the classic comedies they'd have used era appropriate idents.