(18-05-2024, 02:12 AM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Im sure its been done. But I dont think Ive ever seen a mobile tv studio like this. Live broadcasts from moving vehicles is so commonplace all over the US and Canada. But Ive dont think I see a mobile studio. Here is the New Yorker journalist Ronan Farrow, (former MSNBC presenter, son of Mia Farrow and Woody Allen) behind the scenes preparing for live panel on CNN and whilst it appears he is just in another studio, maybe a DTL somewhere....dont think Ive seen this application. Lighting, Big screen backdrop and camera and apparently a signal stable enough to stream back to CNN Atlanta. Technology is wild these days. And all is not as it seems. (he does resemble Frank Sinatra cough cough).

www.tiktok.com 

It's basically a flash studio in the back of a satellite van or equivalent. I think it's a better solution for live crosses to reporters, rather than having them standing outside wherever the story is. The only time that makes sense is if they need to show something relevant to what they're reporting, otherwise, it's nothing more than just a backdrop. It's definitely a good thing when outside a courthouse or similar building where you won't even see anything related to the story in the background, so this makes a lot of sense to me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cityprod's post:
  • xlalonce

Some very sad news this evening. CNN Political Commentator Alice Stewart has died at the age of 58.

x.com 

edition.cnn.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • CNN1992

(18-05-2024, 10:58 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Some very sad news this evening. CNN Political Commentator Alice Stewart has died at the age of 58.

x.com 

edition.cnn.com 

A big shock. She was contributing on screen right up until yesterday.

Would be quite useful if CNN could show breaking news coverage of what's happening in Iran at the moment rather than a SOTU repeat and Inside Africa.
[-] The following 2 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • oscillon, Talkover

CNNI did join Federica Whitfield briefly for an update on developments in Iran crashing out of African Voices Changemakers before crashing back into the programme a few minutes later after the update.

Thankfully we have real news channels like BBC & Sky News. CNNI on weekends is totally useless.

They have turned CNN World Sport into a breaking news show about Iran rather than Man City winning the title! Don Riddell presenting.
[-] The following 5 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • AJB39, matthieu1221, oscillon, Talkover, wetsom

I’ve not seen Don Riddell anchoring ordinary news coverage before. Weird to have the CNN World Sport logo still on screen.
[-] The following 3 users Like AJB39's post:
  • oscillon, Talkover, wetsom

He did have a stint on World Report, well over a decade ago. He and Zain Verjee would have been the last regular European breakfast time anchors in London before the time slot moved to Atlanta
[-] The following 1 user Likes excel99's post:
  • AJB39

CNN World Sport is now back to sport. Frederica Whitfield briefly took over anchoring duties in the middle of the half hour and were now back to Don Riddell. He has handled everything really well in fairness to him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AJB39's post:
  • oscillon