Apologies for the brief outages recently. We are aware of an issue and it is being investigated. x

BBC/ITV North West News

Looking good. The tower screen isn’t that tall, but I think they’ve done a good job with the space available.

x.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like nwtv2003's post:
  • agentsquash, interestednovice

Calling that screen a 'tower' is being very generous. It's more like a propped-up iPhone with a wooden stand Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • interestednovice, RDJ, Stockland Hillman, Stuart, TJTSW

Looks a lot smaller than before. Narrower.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chud's post:
  • interestednovice

Can't really pass judgement on the new set with that vertical video. I'll reserve my judgement until I've seen it in proper widescreen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheGregmeister's post:
  • interestednovice

(20-05-2024, 02:50 PM)Chud Wrote:  Looks a lot smaller than before. Narrower.
The previous set was made to look bigger by using some clever camera angles.

Let's see how they play with it tonight.
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • interestednovice, UTVLifer

(20-05-2024, 03:01 PM)TheGregmeister Wrote:  Can't really pass judgement on the new set with that vertical video. I'll reserve my judgement until I've seen it in proper widescreen.

It really isn't the studio to film vertical video in - just highlights how lacking in height it is, as does the seemingly short tower. The main backdrop though a huge improvement on what they had before, but no doubt it's a secondary set to the main Breakfast/Sportsday studio.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • interestednovice, Stuart, UTVLifer

It’ll look nice on screen, but the vertical video exposes the lack of height!

Is there any reason why NWT couldn’t studio share with the News at One during the opt out, similar to Studio B in London?

(20-05-2024, 04:26 PM)agentsquash Wrote:  Is there any reason why NWT couldn’t studio share with the News at One during the opt out, similar to Studio B in London?
I suspect that for the News at One when the nations and regions opt out they'll still be using the studio for the News Channel, most likely with a sport bulletin. I'd be slightly surprised if they used the second sport studio just for that section, as per the other week.

Also, I'd assume that the One national bulletin and NWT lunchtime will have two separate galleries.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • interestednovice

You can see the variance studio/set sizing quite clearly when you put them side by side.

I think NWT may be the tightest in terms of space behind the set - and you can see one of the lights in shot!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 4 users Like DrewF's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, James, UTVLifer

This post makes the totum look particularly short and fat.

x.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like southern_boy's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, James, UTVLifer