BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

(22-05-2024, 11:57 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Out of interest what makes you say this? She hosts a live nightly politics show and is regularly praised for her hosting and insight. She’s interviewed countless politicians and leaders. I literally can’t think of anyone more suited.

I just don’t have her down as a house hold name, infact I had to google her to remind me of her surname

Edit: And I don’t mean to be rude to Sophie I’ve always just grown up with the GE being hosted by a massive name, like David Dimbleby, Huw Edward’s or Adam Bolton

(23-05-2024, 12:05 AM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  I just don’t have her down as a house hold name, infact I had to google her to remind me of her surname

Edit: And I don’t mean to be rude to Sophie I’ve always just grown up with the GE being hosted by a massive name, like David Dimbleby, Huw Edward’s or Adam Bolton

In that case Huw Edwards and Adam Boulton aren't enough of household names either, if your inability to recall their correct surname is the marker of suitability.
[-] The following 7 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, bbctvtechop, Bungo Bill, London Lite, matthieu1221, Nobby, Skygeek

Andy Burnham and Ruth Davidson to provide analysis during the night too
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gibsy's post:
  • Michael 18

New Elections logo - not on Breakfast graphics yet though

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 4 users Like Clark's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Reith85, RhysJR

(23-05-2024, 07:28 AM)Clark Wrote:  New Elections logo - not on Breakfast graphics yet though
It's early in the day so it took me a moment to work out it was supposed to say 'Election 24'.

I'm not a fan. The existing logo from 2015 is fine, and IMO rather clever as to me it looks like a cut-away 3D ballot box rather than a hexagon.
[-] The following 4 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, LDN, UTVLifer

(23-05-2024, 12:05 AM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  I just don’t have her down as a house hold name, infact I had to google her to remind me of her surname

New people sometimes acquire status and gravitas while you're not paying attention. It doesn't necessarily mean they're not good enough.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Skygeek's post:
  • Gibsy

(22-05-2024, 11:57 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Out of interest what makes you say this? She hosts a live nightly politics show and is regularly praised for her hosting and insight. She’s interviewed countless politicians and leaders. I literally can’t think of anyone more suited.

And of course was widely praised for the recent local election coverage, unlike the "bigger name" as the BBC.
[-] The following 8 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, DeMarkay, lookoutwales, matthieu1221, Transmission, UTVLifer, Will

They've recently started using the same logo for the Indian Elections with the 24 coloured orange and green, so it looks likely it could become the overall branding for all election coverage just with a change of colours to suit the country (so red and blue for the US elections later in the year)

pbs.twimg.com 
Web Image

Examples of the supporting thumbnail presentation…

UK
ichef.bbci.co.uk 
Web Image

ichef.bbci.co.uk 
Web Image

India
ichef.bbci.co.uk 
Web Image

ichef.bbci.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 5 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • AndrewP, bax, matthieu1221, RhysJR, UTVLifer

Welcome to BBC Election 24 with Chris Eakin and Maxine Mawhinney, the headlines….

I wonder if they had a '25' waiting in the wings just in case we'd ended up with a January election.
[-] The following 5 users Like thegeek's post:
  • AndrewP, bilky asko, chrisherald, Stuart, UTVLifer